Egypt pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richyboa72

Reaction score
I went to marsa alam in Egypt in February it’s only 5.5hrs flight from the U.K. and was early 30’s all week and not below 20 at night which was a hell of a lot better than the -8 we was having the few days befor. I flew there, I thought I would share a few pics from the Red Sea, it’s nice and warm so plenty of life, I got to swim with a nice big green turtle and a dougon which is pretty rare it’s probably not as nice as some of the waters around Australia
But deffo a lot nicer than the ones round the U.K.

A couple of octopi holding hands

There was plenty of fish about
66cec2f9d14caf9086e1c0b745dd1206.jpg
f0f6d82a8bc327068c47a8160641f867.jpg
4b098b6bbf4cfd1ba157f5381ac16dd4.jpg
RSCN1046.JPG
2499e79092da599d46b9e26e07dee4ce.jpg
this was the dougon same family as a manatee but totally different tail shape
3bfeefbe24a023a1a38730ed594df3ab.jpg
c1520f2c1d8c12bc75daf4722edafad1.jpg
30f11bfbc434af8d2e84de33466cc85c.jpg
6801e244a3502b1b00cf15bdb99f98b2.jpg
3826ecdf09aa41217e5e23cd276465c4.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

And to think that the first thing that comes to mind when you see "Egypt" is sand dunes and pyramids. It looks like you had an awesome trip! Congrats on the awesome captured memories!

Thanks,I've been there about 8 times now,when the kids where younger we did all the tourist things and it actually blows you way to think how ancient they are,the kids found it fascinating as they had studied it all in school, my youngest is 18 now so me and the Mrs just had a few weeks soaking up the sun by ourselves,lol

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

Thanks,I've been there about 8 times now,when the kids where younger we did all the tourist things and it actually blows you way to think how ancient they are,the kids found it fascinating as they had studied it all in school, my youngest is 18 now so me and the Mrs just had a few weeks soaking up the sun by ourselves,lol

Can't wait for those days... my two are 7 and 9 so I've another decade before the Mrs and I can do things like that. LOL Thankfully she's only 29 and I'm 34 so we've got plenty of time up our sleeves yet. :D

Last edited:
That's the good thing about having kids a bit younger you get to have fun while your still young yourself,well youngish lol well when they have finally left home like lol
I was 46 yesterday so still young enough to go have some us time

Exactly! We've been together 11 years this October and I always said to myself that if I hadn't had my kids by age 25, I wasn't going to have any. My dad was 37 when I was born and I didn't wanna leave it that late. Wifey was 20 and I was 24 so we're going to be young empty nesters and I can turn both their bedrooms into reptile exhibits and live the dream. LOL

Happy birthday for yesterday!

Thanks for sharing! Loved the dugong and nudibranch in particular :)

Thanks Stuart, the Red Sea is so nice , shame there’s not loads of wildlife above the ground as it’s warm and arid all the time, some times see a few lizards in the day mostly geckos at night by the lights waiting for lunch

Thanks foozil
Was so pleased to see him grazing away on the sea grass near the turtle, couldn’t get out the boat faster enough to get my camera out my pocket when the dugong surfaced, he was a bit deep to be able to get some decent pics ,
yes that nudibranch was so colourful first time I’d seen one in the 11yrs Ive been going

Last edited by a moderator:
Not wht i expected when i saw EGYPT haha ws expecting pyrmids etc goes to show my ignornce !Looks like a good trip !!! Man if u could make it down here youd be blown away underwater and on land . I personally have distant rellos in the uk but just can't justify the 20 odd hr flight until i am able to spend at least a month there

Yes I know I would love to come see it all Flora and fauna but as you say the distance is massive but I’m sure it would be more than worth it once I’m there
The one thing that puts me off is the amount of 8 legged beasties that there is,lol I really don’t do spiders [emoji887]

Australia is definitely on my bucket list that's for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back