Elephants could battle pests in Australia

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, another great idea from human beings as a collective. Cause we couldnt learn from the toads and the rabbits and the foxes, lets go larger! I am convinced. Too many humans thinking together = stupid.

An elephant would laugh at my .308 time to upgrade to a .50cal

Good luck getting a .50Cal. Have to settle with a .338Lap, though at about $14 a shot you'll wanna be cashed up.

I saw a .416 single shot Steyr out at Browns Plains the other day... almost slipped on my own drool when I turned to leave. Still, .416 or not, with an elephant you'd wanna make that single shot count.

It'd certainly make the nations already dangerous roads more interesting. Imagine coming around a blind corner on the bruce hwy doing a dollar ten and finding a fully grown elephant standing on the road. I know what your last words would be....

WHAT THE FU...........

Bowman is an idiot which he proved many times when he was defrauding research funds for his illogical, dimwitted and useless projects when he was based in Darwin. He has trotted this story out a dozen times over the last 20 tears whenever he needs some publicity (which he loves above all things).

I first met him as the "Banteng cattle expert" when I was living on Cobourg Peninsula in Arnhem Land. I met up with the wild herds on a daily basis and invited him out, expecting to learn more about them. When he promptly identified a buffalo as a Banteng bull I knew something was wrong. After he accused me of endangering his life (I chased a 2 meter salty away from the dinghy while he stood 100 meters up the beach) we loaded him onto a plane and got rid of him.

His well funded research (using exclosures) proved that something (buffalo? samba deer? pigs? wallabies? timor ponies? or maybe even banteng cattle?) were eating certain plants on the coastal plains. What a croc, and an utter waste of rare research money.

Then there was the very expensive "fire prediction computer simulation" which did not factor in mission or gamba grass. Useless. After that he promptly disapeared as far as he could get from Darwin.

He is a clown. Nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back