Emaciated Central Netted dragon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:oops:Sad news, the male CND passed away this morning, he seemed a bit sluggish yesterday and also refused to swallow any food although i did manage to get a little bit in including some fluids but it seem he was at the end of his run

When i found the male it appeared that he had no eyeballs, does any one know what causes this, is a normal thing when lizards die?

This should be a neglect causing death case, it's giving me the sh**s. We need a better system of handling animal neglect and abuse, especialy for reptiles and "unusual" pets.

My female central netted was all intact when she passed away. Strange, perhaps the female chewed on him? My male is still at the vets, hoping to pick him up today or tommorow, the vet said he has perked up and they are giving him antibiotics with fluids and Hills AD, they will show me how to force feed, so hopefully i can get him a little better.

Can anyone explain the missing eyeballs? is this common in deceased reptiles?
I have seen it in freshly deceased mouse before

R.I.P poor little guy. When my old beardie died the eyes looked like they were missing but I assume they were just sunken in. We found her in the morning so after being dead for a few hours maybe this is what happens.

No there wasn't, i made a point of making sure i did not leave any crix in there as they were eating his tail as u can see in one of the pics

that was my only thought on the eyes,..

sorry to hear u lost him, u were making such a great effort. :(
...hope ur girl comes good 4 u.

that was my only thought on the eyes,..

sorry to hear u lost him, u were making such a great effort. :(
...hope ur girl comes good 4 u.
Thanks Chris, she is letting me twiser feed her woodies now so she seems to be improving.
I'm taking her to the vet on the 29th (first appointment available)
so hopefully if she has an infection or something i can catch it before she ends up like her friend.
She has alot more weight on her than he did so i think she has alot more of a chance

Thanks Bigi
The small female has eaten on her own for the first time today and has been really alert and active.
If all goes well in the next week il start reintroducing vegies and start looking at housing her in something a little more permanent than a tub
So all in all im very happy with her improvements

No veggies.. Found mine didn't eat a single veggie. Just insects.. Try fattier insects like mealworms.

That not what iv heard Philk but il look into it
Iv got a few friends who have kept them for years so il ask them

She is more alert than ever today but is still looking skinny
I thought mealworms cause blockages in small lizards and inhibit calcium absorption if raised on bran(99% of commercial brands)?

Attachments

• 100_1417.jpg
    100_1417.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 62
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back