Emaciated Central Netted dragon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well done geckoman123, you have to be proud of yourself for bring that little fella back to full health, well done. CND have to be one of the biggest pleasures to own, their personality will amaze you,
cheers ryan

Update

Hey guys,
These little dragon is such a joy to own that i felt selfish not sharing some more of her progress with all of you.
She is an absolute pig, she has already had 2 decent feeds today but even after that as soon as i open her enclosure she come running towards me for more food,
She was looking at the camera like she was contimplating in how it would go down with salad, and at one stage she even tried to eat the camera hand strap (last pic).
Any one who hasn't kept these guys and likes lizards will love these guys as they are highly active, fast as lightning eating machines, with the cutest personality iv seen so far in any lizard.
Hope you like the pics thanks Gecks
ps Sorry some of the pics are a bit out of focus, my camera has a very temperamental auto focus

Attachments

• Copy of 100_1758.jpg
    Copy of 100_1758.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Copy of 100_1762.jpg
    Copy of 100_1762.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 100_1768.jpg
    100_1768.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 100_1766.jpg
    100_1766.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 100_1769.jpg
    100_1769.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Really amateur video of her feeding, no laughing at the dodgyness, please be nice

[video=youtube;RxlvdofJ2WE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxlvdofJ2WE[/video]

Also please ignore the critter at the end as i dont have editing software and i only just remembered that i filmed that bit, unfortunately now its to late to edit my post and i dont want something like that getting this thread closed

Ah, she's gorgeous mate! I think this thread has convinced me that I'll be getting a Central Netted this year... You've done really well bringing her back to such a healthy state. Congrats.
Nic

Hey geckoman
Whats the red stuff she is eating in the first pic........mine really go for yellow coloured food.

If you are referring to the pics in post #142 on page 10 then the yellow stuff is squash and the red stuff is red Hibiscus petals (dragons LOVE Hibiscus!!)

Ah, she's gorgeous mate! I think this thread has convinced me that I'll be getting a Central Netted this year... You've done really well bringing her back to such a healthy state. Congrats.
Nic
Thanks Nic, yeah netteds are heaps of fun, the only problem that i can point out is they are very hard to tame and even the calmest ones are still very skittish compared to beardies.
They also dont live very long and arent very hardy

Attachments

• Copy of 100_1866.jpg
    Copy of 100_1866.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Copy of 100_1867.jpg
    Copy of 100_1867.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Copy of 100_1868.jpg
    Copy of 100_1868.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Copy of 100_1869.jpg
    Copy of 100_1869.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Copy of 100_1870.jpg
    Copy of 100_1870.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Help me name her

I usually give my herps names like CBD 1F ( Central Bearded Dragon Female), but i thought considering the amount of personality and what the poor thing has endured that she deserves something a bit cooler than CND 1F

So any name suggestion will be appreciated, please no jokes:p:p:p

Thanks guys, Geckoman

Those pics of the male are incredible Geckoman - hard to believe that it's the same lizard as the first pic back in Dec. You've done very well with these two; sounds like devotion to me!
I'd offer the name 'Rose' if I didn't already have a beardy with that name ;) Whatever you decide, she certainly deserves better than CBD1F LOL!!!
Btw, thanks for the info on Central Netted care before - will still consider getting one though. We've got a couple years' beardy husbandry behind us now, so the missus and I are looking for a new challenge :)
Congrats, and thanks for the pics.
Nic

Those pics of the male are incredible Geckoman - hard to believe that it's the same lizard as the first pic back in Dec. You've done very well with these two; sounds like devotion to me!
I'd offer the name 'Rose' if I didn't already have a beardy with that name ;) Whatever you decide, she certainly deserves better than CBD1F LOL!!!
Btw, thanks for the info on Central Netted care before - will still consider getting one though. We've got a couple years' beardy husbandry behind us now, so the missus and I are looking for a new challenge :)
Congrats, and thanks for the pics.
Nic
Sorry i just thought id point out to everyone that the original male died on Xmas eve, the new male in the pic is a replacement that i got not long ago not she can have some company when she is a bit older
Sorry about the confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back