Emu Springs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gods country mate.

Top shot with an open site at 100m and on the move. What caliber took the beast down?

308 and really well looked after. As his missus says "we dont buy meat from the shop." And he certainly doesn't waste bullets :D

What do you reckon this backstrap would cost?

DSC_0138_edited-1.jpg

308 and really well looked after. As his missus says "we dont buy meat from the shop." And he certainly doesn't waste bullets :D

What do you reckon this backstrap would cost?

View attachment 258670

good stuff,lovin it!

No idea mate I've never heard of beef backstrap, lamb yeah but not beef.. Would that be equivalent to sirloin or tenderloin or am I missing out on something even better?

good stuff,lovin it!

No idea mate I've never heard of beef backstrap, lamb yeah but not beef.. Would that be equivalent to sirloin or tenderloin or am I missing out on something even better?

Spot on, both! The most highly desired thing is the small amount of fat in the centre of the liver. This belongs to the bloke who killed the beast. He wisely shared it with his missus ha ha.

Spot on, both! The most highly desired thing is the small amount of fat in the centre of the liver. This belongs to the bloke who killed the beast. He wisely shared it with his missus ha ha.

How's the actual liver on the chew? A few blokes I do kick boxing with swear by it an reckon it's good stuff and apparently it has a high nutrition value.

How's the actual liver on the chew? A few blokes I do kick boxing with swear by it an reckon it's good stuff and apparently it has a high nutrition value.

Dunno. I stick to the meat. I dont get offered the "special bits" often. But since my white hairs started overtaking my brown hairs I have access to stories and places I didn't have access to a decade ago. There's good and bad in everything, except politics, that's just bad.

If I had shot the beast I would have asked for advice about my obligations and rewards. It's different with different groups. But fear not. I always get a good feed!

Just quietly, here's my fave. When I was here in the 70's and 80's we went and got one every two weeks or so and that was the meat supply. Then BTEC put an end to that (google it)

DSC_0075_edited-1.jpg

Last edited:
I say again WW, no luck involved. Gottago after what makes you happy. Left school at 14 but always followed/ studied my interests. Love this country and the countrymen who carry the knowledge of many many generations, food for the soul beats food for the gut anyday. Cheers mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back