Enclosure Help?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven_neves

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Newbie here. Getting a Beardie for my son and ended up finding a relatively well priced Exo Terra on Gumtree that had all these rock-like shapes sculptured into it.

Thought it was pretty cool to begin with, then got it in the car and it stank like hell - admittedly, I didn't consider the fact that i'd never be able to clean it properly due to the pores in the foam that the rocks were built from. #derp

I've been airing it outdoors in a covered area and it's improved considerably, but just looking for some suggestions about how you guys might handle it from here? Should I be perhaps fumigating with Top of Descent and/or using that F10 stuff in the final clean in prep for our lizard?

Thanks in advance.

Enclosure 1.jpg

Enclosure 2.jpg

F10 is better than everything else :)

Regarding the rocks I can't give too much info

But in my opinion the rocks don't look quite right and I'd be taking them out and what ever that crusty stuff on bottom is and adding my own rocky background :)

As Bl69aze has said, rip it all out and start again. It obviously hasn't been sealed properly, so who knows what could be in the fake rocks besides the smell.
Clean out the whole tank, and then F10 it before putting anything else in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back