Enclosure Idea's, Conversion of Display Cabinet.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxthor

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I am Converting an Old Display Cabinet, Im not sure what im going to house in it, possibly a small python, western bearded dragon. I am from western australia so we dont have a lot of choice. The cabinet measures 123cm length, 35cm depth and 50cm height. not including another 20cm height if i use the drawer space.

It already has sliding glass doors. I could possibly use the draws and place substrate in them which would be easy for cleaning or remove them and put in a floor bottom.

If you have any ideas i would appreciate it, like types of products to use, Sealants? etc.. this is my first conversion.Picture 009.jpgPicture 008.jpg

Keep the draws for storage.. put a bottom on top of the draws and start on a nice rock wall with hides and vines, first thing tho,... get rid of those screw in legs as they arnt to good with any kind of weight on them and make some nice wood ones or something..

the only problem with putting a floor above the drawers is that substate will get into the sliding door crevices.. so i have to go below that rail

melamine a floor in the bottom, and use the draws seperatly for accessories foods ect. i made mine out of melamine and i have a wooden dresser that i have taken the drawers out of and the hanging space im gonna make into a split display for my 2 dragons and i use newspaper, its cheap and easy to remove

Nice pickup! You could always use the draws like a false bottom, just add heat (heat mat or cable) and use them for hides.

I would put in a false bottom, then cut a round hole in it to allow access to the drawers for the snake, like a hide..... you could always heat it to.

Awesum project cupboard.there is much choice of what you could do.wow...very cool.i like the drawers as hidden away hides.more inspiration.

Yeah thanks for the Ideas, I think i will go with the False bottom idea, Put in a floor and cut holes and use the drawers as hides, Thinking im going to house a male stimsons in there and try and breed with my female. Going to need to put in a wooden rail to stop substrate from falling into the glass door rails. I will post pictures as they come

You could always use the cabinet as a Tv cabinet and remove the drawers and put in a DVD player in one side and something else on the other.
the rising heat will reduce your heating costs.

I did see some exo-terra walls that would look nice if you are looking for that natural look. You could use this to insulate the back and sides once again to reduce the cost of heating.

the use of raidant heating elements seam to be the rave and also seem to be efficient in running and safe as the don't get too hot for burns

some nice lighting and

Wham you have something to put your flat screen on and watch your scaly friends at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back