enclosure plans

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nico77

Reaction score
I have seen a few people asking about sizes for enclosures and how to make them and thought there should be a thread where we can post our plans for others to see . If you have plans that you have drawn up put some pics up , i have been playing with google sketch which is pretty easy to use , but i can not upload my pic so i printed it and scanned it .
This is what i plan on making for my jungles , each enclosure is 600mmx600mmx900mm

cheers nico

600x600x900 enclosure.jpg

here is what ive been doing on google sketchup.....not finished yet....on the left is the floor pan for my reptile room......the yellow boxes represent enclosures stacked up on top of each other.....
on the right is the enclosures showing what they SHOULD turn out like lol
Untitled.jpg

here is what ive been doing on google sketchup.....not finished yet....on the left is the floor pan for my reptile room......the yellow boxes represent enclosures stacked up on top of each other.....
on the right is the enclosures showing what they SHOULD turn out like lol
Untitled.jpg
if it were me i would make thoes 2 top enclosures the same width as the bottom too just for looks so its a clean square/rectangle. my 2 cents
nice enclosures though might have to give google sketch a shot my self one day.

I personal like the different size it is handie to have a spot where you can put forseps or jugs food etc.
off topic is google sketch easy to use?

its not real hard , my 10 year old has been drawing plans for his room :) with it.

cheers nico

These are just some I have knocked up quickly.. i am trying to work out joints for them all so no screws are showing and everything is in proportion!! The black is representing MDF (right two) and the brown backgrounds (left two) are just straight pine..

Bredli Enclosures (doors on both ends only one side open though):

Bredli enclosure.jpg

Woma Enclosures (will probably stack two ontop of a cupboard like in the above pic) haven't decided on the doors yet might go sliding glass might go doors on side to get practice for the big enclosures:

Woma enclosure.jpg

Josh

This is what i plan on building in my new shed. they are all 600 deep. The first are 900 x 900. Then 900 x 450, then 1200 x 450, and finally 1800 x 450. Should be fun to build :)

Attachments

• Enclosures.jpg
    Enclosures.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 108
This is what i plan on building in my new shed. they are all 600 deep. The first are 900 x 900. Then 900 x 450, then 1200 x 450, and finally 1800 x 450. Should be fun to build :)

looks good , are you making them as seperate units ? I hope you dont need to move house in a hurry lol .

cheers nico

They will be able to come apart in big section, will be a pain in the butt to move but i'm hoping to remain at this place for a long time to come so not really too worried about moving

here's what i've been working on, haven't done it to scale yet.

1700-1800 high
500 deep
750 wide

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-06-22 at 9.35.48 AM.png
    Screen shot 2010-06-22 at 9.35.48 AM.png
    51.6 KB · Views: 129
Now you all need to get out in the shed and build the cages rather than doodling on the pc ;)

Lol I have to build the shed first. Just doing the planning at present. You don't want to fly up and lend a hand do you? ;-)

Lol I have to build the shed first. Just doing the planning at present. You don't want to fly up and lend a hand do you? ;-)

I would but i am now retired ... Plus i don't even like building my own any more ;)

Has anyone turned their concept into reality?

Photo's please.

I use a 3d modelling software package to design all my enclosures before building them. It allows me to muck around with different designs and ideas before making costly mistakes in the workshop.

Here is my current project, a 4 bay enclosure with tower. Pics have been included showing the completed tower, and work is well progressed on the 3 remaining bays.

Attachments

• Stone Enclosure.jpg
    Stone Enclosure.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC02633.jpg
    DSC02633.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC02635.JPG
    DSC02635.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 88
Status
Not open for further replies.