Enclosure Thermostat Probe position

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Colbert

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. When I got my coastal all he had was a heat pad platform.

I've recently added more greenery and installed a exo Terra heat lamp.

I'm just wondering where I should put the thermostat probe.

It was right where he laid on his platform but I feel that this would be too inaccurate.

Does anyone have any suggestions please.

The enclosure is 1.9m X 1.9 X . 6 deep.

Thank you

IMG_20190307_175929_01.jpg

Yep that would be the spot for it, depending on the size of probe, drill a 3mm or 6mm hole up under shelf in hot spot.you don’t need to go all the way through (so it won’t be seen )looks like 16mm melamine, so put tape around the drill bit at 12mm(check shelf thickness first)drill up from underneath. The cage under shelf will stop snakes from getting tangled & ripping probe out, but I’d probably tape it, add dabs of food grade silicone to hold it (you can remove tape once silicone holds)your lamps heat will pass through the remaining 3-4 mm of shelf easy and give an accurate reading to thermostat. Please remember to remove tape once silicone has dried(even though it’s in a cage) Sadly if there is tape anywhere it will eventually end up on snake.
[doublepost=1555798592,1555796856][/doublepost]Can you move heat lamp more central to shelf?or is it fixed?Id probably screw that branch wall to wall also, give snake the whole shelf, but that’s just imo. Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back