Enclosure too hot??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikos

Reaction score
Ey guys I've recently purchased my first snake about 2 weeks ago (bredli python) when I first set my enclosure up I just put a heat chord under a tile during that time the snake was sweet doing his thing then ran him to the vet just to get his first check and she recommended me Buy a heat lamp and a uv light, so I did and same day I bought all of that I fed the snake for the first time since owning him and since then he hasn't left his hide?? I've taken him out about 3 days later to handle him and he was fine but since putting him back he hasn't left the hide again, I don't know if it's because he's digesting from the feed or if it's the new heat lamp that's throwing him off coming out its starting to spin me out abit lol I've got the heat chord set at 30° same with the heat lamp, heat lamp and uv light on timer 7am-8pm

You have a heat cord and heat lamp? You only need one or the other, as long as it reaches 30+ in the hot spot.

You don’t need a UV Light as there’s no study that proves they benefit from it.

What are you feeding him? How old is he?

Are you running a thermometer for both on the hot spot?

That's what I was thinking, yes thermometer on both spots and a seperate backup thermometer in there too, feeding mice

That's what I was thinking, yes thermometer on both spots and a seperate backup thermometer in there too, feeding mice
Do you have a picture of setup? Including the probes

It won't let me upload any photos, I have a probe on the tile and another on top where the heat lamp hits
[doublepost=1545777566,1545775836][/doublepost]Here's my tank

20181224_141459-2268x3024.jpg
[doublepost=1545780339][/doublepost]Just got the heat chord on now see how we go

Attachments

• 20181226_091342.mp4
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back