Enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! :)

I was just wondering what price (roughly) you guys would think an enclosure like this would go for:
Second hand, solid timber 4 foot 2 x 2 foot 6 x 2 foot 6 enclosure, with thick glass front and hinged top for entry. It has a heatable slate floor, fluro and heat lamp all wired to a thermostat. Including all lights, a thermometer and an iron stand.

Prices

I'd say at least $300, but a lot depends on the design. Do you have a photo?

I dont have a picture of it, but I have a handmade blueprint type thing...I dunno how to load a picture up though :)[/img]

Hi monty
The real question with enclosures is to build or buy!
It would depend on the actual persons selling and buying the enclosure.I myself like to sell things for as much as possible and buy things as cheap as I can lol. But realistically it depends on the buyer,if he has handy man skills he may not wish to spend much on it due to being able to build hes own alot cheaper,whereas someone with no building skills may prefer to spend the extra money knowing he dosnt have to fiddle around and possibly go wrong somehow. A 2nd hand unit like you described 4x2x2 may sell for an average price of $350-550 depending on condition of timber and what sort of timber as well as stain and lacquer.
The better it looks the higher the price IMO.I personally prefer to build due to the fact I can build two 3 tiered 4x2x2 units giving me 6 cages for the cost of 1 that you'd buy.
(Although mine would be only built with melamine material,They still look just as good if you order a specific laminated color as well as being easy to clean etc)

Sorry, I've read it a few times but can't work out how big the cage is. :? :? I have been working pretty hard this morning so it might just be me but could you clarify for me?

Is that yours advertised for 220 or something in the Trading Post? I saw the ad and would have had a look at it if I had the room. Unfortunately until I have sold all my fish stuff I don't have any indoor space available :(

nah it's not mine! but it is now :D

i couldn't go past it...it's in pretty good condition, and he delivered it to my house too.

i wasn't going to pay $259 or whatever the reptile place was telling me was a "great bargain" when it was a quarter of the size of this one :)

If the reptile place you are talking about is the one I am thinking of then they tell you EVERYTHING is a great bargain, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back