Enclosures that are above average

Discussion in 'Australian Lizards and Monitors' started by TheresASnakeInMyBoot, Jun 7, 2019.

1. TheresASnakeInMyBoot

TheresASnakeInMyBoot Not so new Member

Had a bit of a scan but sorry if this post is similar to another thread, If so please link.

Just wanting to see everyones enclosures. Whether they were brought/made/refurbished.

My scaley buddy loves his enclosure that was originally a display cabinet. But now looking at creating a whole new design preparing for getting a bearded dragon to add to the family. Figured id make something that is a dual enclosure so both my cold blooded friends would be in the same peice of furniture, plus storage for all their needs
    (Solid walls/dividers not trying to have a lizard and snake live together haha)
    Added photos are of my snakes enclosure the first week he lived there. (Couple little plants added since then. But not cluttered at all)[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

2. LilithLeChat

LilithLeChat Active Member

Lucky second hand find

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Herptology

Herptology Active Member

I personally am not a fan of “underdone” display enclosures especially if it’s not the first thing you see when you open the door

I prefer empty enclosures with a single branch or over the top can barely see the animal enclosures

Just a personal preference :)
    I currently run a 4bay with a wooden beam in middle of each one and “divider” between hot and cold end to stimulate movement/exercise

4. Abstractivity

Abstractivity Not so new Member

Personally when I see those Skulls I cringe a little. And they're expensive to boot. give my snake a Shapes Barbeque box to sleep in anyday.

danyjv and Bl69aze like this.
  5. TheresASnakeInMyBoot

TheresASnakeInMyBoot Not so new Member

Thats just because im a massive Jurassic park fan haha. He does have his fake rock that he sleeps in. Either there or on his log is his other favorite place.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

6. Abstractivity

yeah thats all good sorry if that seemed a little rude. but yeah my only gripe with them is they look kinda out of place like with what was said above I prefer minimalist. though I do kinda like how Lilith has her snakes skin a decoration. must be a bugger to clean.

Herptology likes this.
  7. LilithLeChat

That’s not a decoration lol! Took the pic right after she shed, as I though it was weird she managed to poop and pee inside her shed skin without spilling a drop. I must admit, it was so much easier to clean that way.

8. Abstractivity

shame it got soiled thats a good looking shed

9. LilithLeChat

It was perfect, no rips whatsoever.

Ryan-James likes this.