Enclosures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sobrien

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I was thinking of putting a branch in the middle of the cage, half way up, so it looks like it's suspened in mid air but is actually attached at the sides of the enclosure (silalar to the one in Barneys' album). Does any one know how I could attach it and still be able to take it down and clean it?
Cheers
Simon :idea: :idea: 8)

Attach two bits of wood above and below where one end of the branch will be, then the same on the other side. This secures it fairly well and you can slide it in and out to clean it.

IF you wanted it to appear as though it is not touching the sides, then you can use wire looped up through the top of the enclosure and then around the branch and back up to the top of the enclosure. Do it at both ends.

Or ask the guy whose enclosure you saw! hehehe

Good luck

That's pretty good Stretch!

I have a suspended branch in my enclosure, but I used a flange at each end (used at end of rods in wardrobes).

The only problem is if you want to clean the branch, you have to unscrew one flange to get it out.

If the stick is thin, there is a curtain rod fitting, or for shower curtain rods.
They just turn to release the stick.

Cheers :)

You could always use what I use for my high hide boxes, I shall elaborate shall I? OK! Screw an angle bracket to each side of the enclosure at the location you want the branch ends to be, Through the spare end of the brackets fix a 4.5mm, (3/16"), machine screw and secure with a nut, (not me, a nut as in nut and bolt), drill corresponding holes in the branch ends and place these holes over the exposed threads of the machine screws and secure the branch with a couple of wing nuts. Make the bolts short enough so that no exposed threads are protruding when the wing nuts are fitted or alternatively protect the thread ends, (like I did). When it comes time for cleaning take off two wing nuts and remove the branch. It works really well with my hides and I don't see any reason it wouldn't work with any other sort of decor that needs to be fixed above floor level.

Thanks for your help guys,
I think i'll have to give that a try, africancichlidau, wow what a cool name.
Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back