English traveller looking for help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar95

Reaction score
Hello,

I am an English guy traveling along the east coast. I am mad about animals especially snakes which is why i came to Australia! I was wondering if anyone on here knows of anybody who i could possibly spend a day with finding and getting up close to venomous snakes in the wild. More than happy to pay for their time.

Thanks
Oscar

Want to see Australian venomous snakes up close , do it safely by visiting the Gosford Reptile Park.

This way you wont be disturbing wild snakes and other reptiles and fauna's habitat by looking for them in the wild , something I think the national parks discourages .

If you insist on seeking them out in the wild make sure you are prepared and proper safety gear to help avoid being tagged by one those snakes and you make sure of the credentials of the snake "expert" you hire for the day. Also I reckon just one day is not going to give you many chances to see them as they are very shy and not near as common as you seem to think.

When you hit Brisbane let me know.

I wouldn't recommend going 'up close' to any venomous snakes however Red belly black snakes are generally photogenic (provided you aren't too close) and they are very common on the south-east coast

I wouldn't recommend going 'up close' to any venomous snakes however Red belly black snakes are generally photogenic (provided you aren't too close) and they are very common on the south-east coast

Depends on your definition of close- if you stay about 1 metre from most species you will be fine...

Seeing wildlife in its natural environment is a lot better than going to a wildlife park. Also, if you do it right there's no need to disturb animals or endanger yourself in the process.
[MENTION=42717]Oscar95[/MENTION] - I would be taking Scott (Eipper) up on his offer. You'll get to see a few animals and learn a bit in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back