• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

EOI whacky blacky

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoOne

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

This is probably the hardest thing i will put up as part of my downsizing, but i feel it's the best thing.

This male BHP is around 8-9yrs old and nearly 9ft in length, he was bred by Neil Sonnemann started off as a normal looking orange banded BHP but about a year or so ago he started loosing his dark pigment.
He is still loosing his color and i can only guess what he will end up looking like, my guess is he will turn white with pink bands as the pigment he has lost so far has gone white and his bands are going a pinky color.
He feeds like a champion, which is his only downside, he is very food responsive and being a large BHP he needs to be watched getting him out of his cage, i've coped a few bites from him over the years and it's painful.
I'm not sure of his breeding abiltly but my feeling is that he is not a strong breeder, i brought him from Neil originally as he wasn't a good breeder but i brought him because he was a lovely big BHP.
I slimed him down and used him for a combat male, he combated strongly but i never left him in with a female as i had better looking males at the time to breed from.
When he first started loosing his color i was worried he had an illness so i didn't pair him with anything.
I think he could be used for breeding but i don't think he would be a strong breeder.
As a speciman in a collection he's pretty interesting not many people have these guys and it's always exciting when he sheds to see how much color he has lost.

The guy is not for sale but if someone was to make me an offer which i liked i would be likely to part with him.
I'm not worried if he stays here with me, as he is a great snake to have in my collection but i thought since i no longer have any adult BHPs his genes may be going to waste so someone else might want to try breeding from him.

Anyway thats enough ranting from me about him, heres some a couple of pics, i will try and get some more over the weekend. Anyone interested PM me or call 0408638982.
I am willing to freight him at buyers expense.

Cheers
Steve.

Heres a close up of what the color loss looks like:
Snakes410.jpg

He he is next to a normal BHP so you can see how much color he has lost. The BHP he is with is similar to what he looked like before loosing color:
Snakes400.jpg

I don't have a price in mind krusty so if your interested you have to think of one, don't worry about offending me.

Heres a couple of new pics of him:

Snakes778.jpg

Body shot:

Snakes776.jpg

I wanted to get some of him outside but didn't get chance today.

Cheers
Steve.

re EOI

Etraordinary dugga,unfortunately ime a financial cripple at the moment but jungle freak and Krusty are sniffing the air an circling like white pointers LOLz a friend in sydney said his female he sold last year (sonnemon line) is losing pigment too,interesting.cheers

LOL Zulu, you never fail to make me laugh in a an otherwise dim situation:)

re EOI

HAHA dugga,but its right hey,he is quite a valuable animal,can imagine one of these superdupermorphmanbreeders like morweliahunter lifting his tail up to see if he has got in yet an writing down how long he had the naughty for,theyll be drooling on your doorstep to get him.LOL Cheers

I've got a mate with a Sonneman Line Male (bred by someone else that has lost a lot of it's pigment at 18 months). The background is almost just creamy white. He is on shed at the moment, and we will photograph it again once it's shed. He was a normal looking hatchy but is changing rapidly

A couple of other breeders have told me that thes are known as salt & pepper BHP's! (speaks for itself).

Only a few serious offers so far, so don't be shy on making an offer.

This is the first of this morph offered for sale on the open market.

Few people have pulled out, so make an offer if you are interested, am leaving him up for until the weekend.

Nice looking python, if you wanted to give him away he could always have a good home here with me. But I think you should get some good offers for him I think.

re EOI

So the EOI is expression of interest steve,i thought you was being a silly bugger dugga,EI EIO and on this farm we had a whacky blacky.

Hahahaha you been off with the Zulu's to long i think:)

It's hard to say what he is worth, he is the first one of his kind for sale in Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back