Escaped dragon :(:(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malley

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i thought i would have learnt from other people on the site misfortunes with escapees recently. I bought a 2nd central netted dragon on Saturday and put it in a 3ft tank. The tank had a hood completely enclosed with fly screen, so i had to make a small cut so electrical cord could hang a light bulb into the tank for a heat source. I thought it was completely impossible for them to escape via this whole as the distance is approx 30cm to the ground, and in the middle of the fly screen. I came home today and checked the hides, finding only the one netted. I completely emptied the enclosure and sifted through the sand to make sure it hadnt buried itself, to my disappointment, it was not found. To further the happiness, the tank was kept in the garage, and im not sure if the dragons skull is small enough to have gotten out from the garage doors or not. I have set a catch with crickets in it, at an attempt to contain him if he goes for the crickets, but i dont hold much hope. Its only going to be once i experience this first hand, every single enclosure i have, is not going to have a whole big enough for the resident fit through. Im absolutely devasted. :(:(:(:(:(
Thanks for listening/reading,
Steve

What really gets to me, is how i just cant comprehend how he could have gotten out, such a big distance in comparison to his size...i just didnt think it was possible, but apparently i was wrong...:(

hey dude its devistating it has happend to me before,
i find dragons like to go to the corners or along the walls so check the whole garage if u have the time because if its still in there and you get a warm day itll proberly find its way out.
sorry to hear all the best in finding it..

lamu

I would do my best to prevent him from getting out of the garage, if the gap you are worrying about is under the door put a towel or something there.
I would set up a lamp for him to bask under in a corner of your garage, hopeful you will find him sitting under it one day.
keep the car out on the street and keep the door shut.
If he hasnt got out of the garage i think you would have a very good chance of finding him. Even if he has got out you might be lucky enough to find it running around outside sometime.
good luck

Our central netted has escaped in our garage on several occassions.....always from someone not shutting the sliding door properly and he has always turned up.......
Good luck in finding yours

thats unlucky malley, good luck with finding your animals.

I had a few eastern water dragon hatchies make a runner for it, there was no way of getting my hands on them, just stood up and ran straight outside the door :)

Thanks for the kind words and tips everyone. Ive towelled the doors, and i suspect that it would have gotten out during the night just after the lights went off, when it would have still been a little bit active, or sometime today (when i noticed he wasnt there :( ) And the garage doesnt get any sunlight in it, so id think that he wouldnt have a whole lot of time to roam around before his body temp dropped and became inactive again, I dunno...Ive set up a basking lamp in a corner near my crickets, i can only hope i see him under it one day. Thanks again for your help and words.
Cheers, Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back