Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jinin

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Wow, im relieved!

I woke up this morning, had breakfast, then my mum says "Is this one of your snakes?"...well it was one of my Coastal Carpets and it had escaped, i have 2 in the same enclosure so I went to put that one back in and check if the other had escaped, It had.

They both got through an opening in the door because the glass door panel doesnt fit in with the rest of the door tracks so if you don't close it properly then it will leave about a 5cm gap. Well when my dad fed them he didnt check if the door was closed properly or not, so the gap was there. He fed them yesterday morning so who knows when they got out.. All of my enclosures except for my Burns dragon and frog enclosures are outside.

When an enclosure is outside, snakes are really hard to find once they escape... As most of you who have lost a snake inside will know even then its hard to find a snake.

Anyway mum spots my one, lurking outside around my Hopping mice cage :| , picked it up put it back in its enclosure, the other one was gone so we started to look around with no hope and then within 5minutes i spotted it on top of the bricks near the roof just basking there. I was soooo lucky to find both of them!

Your extremly lucky snakes are gret escape artist any gaps fill them up so check there encloser carefully you can fill the gap in the glass with cardboard better to look after them yourself and check the door are closed

Yeah you were very lucky to find them both especially being outside.... My suggestion fix the problem before there's no need to fix it :)

A mate of mine forgot to lock a cage a while back. Turns out the snake was shedding and in the process seems to have rubbed against the glass door, pushing it open.

He must be pretty cool because he sat down with a cup of coffee to think about where it might be when he noticed the small hole in the front of his sub woofer in the lounge room. Got down on hands and knees and sure enough there he was curled up inside.

He had to disconnect the speaker and put it inside his enclosure and wait for him to come out when he was ready.

Just goes to show, this guy is very experienced but one slip up and he could have cost him!

I dont really fret when any of my snakes get out (has happened three times) generally I find them the 1st or 2nd day and not very far away.

Inside, if they were outside...it would be a different story altogether. I would have laser cameras and patrols guards and probably a moat

Yes you sure are very lucky to have found your 2 coastal carpet pythons, make sure from now on you are the only person in your house, that goes to unlock their enclosure and always make sure before you leave the room, their enclosure are 100% safe and secure so they never ever again get out or escape from their enclosure, or next time you may not be as lucky in finding them again.

Yeah, I was so happy when i got both of them back. lol, i didnt expect to at all. If it wasnt for the one on our balcony i would have probably not noticed and they would have had more time to escape. lol, Ill start digging the moat now Jannico.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back