Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveNT

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Young Ess was outgrowing his enclosure and I had a bigger one handy so the move was on. He decided not to relinquish his grip on his favourite bit of mangrove wood (with a thousand easy to grab holes in it.) So I transported him to the new digs holus bolus.

Up.jpgDSC_0002_edited-1.jpgDSC_0003_edited-1.jpgDSC_0004_edited-1.jpg

Once in he was on patrol and gave me the nod of approval. Or annoyance :) not sure.

DSC_0010_edited-1.jpgDSC_0012_edited-1.jpgDSC_0019_edited-1.jpgDSC_0020_edited-1.jpg

That enclosure looks great, Ess must be enjoying that. He is so beautiful :)
The greyish peice of wood near the shell looks like a curled up olive python lol.

That enclosure looks great, Ess must be enjoying that. He is so beautiful :)
The greyish peice of wood near the shell looks like a curled up olive python lol.

It's an ancient piece of ironwood root that split a boulder of granite and was all that was left of the tree after a hot fire :)

And a big congrats to anyone who bought an alb Darwin hatchie off Pythonmum. I'm so happy with Ess.

Last edited:
U must have been lucky to find something like that. Do u find these types of things often?

Ive been trying to decide wether i should buy an albino off her in the next couple of years, they really are worth it.

U must have been lucky to find something like that. Do u find these types of things often?

Ive been trying to decide wether i should buy an albino off her in the next couple of years, they really are worth it.

Yep I find interesting stuff often but then I'm usually in interesting places with a keen eye for the unusual :)

110% reccomend Pythonmum's hatchies, price, dialouge and product!

- - - Updated - - -

beautiful enclosure steve!

Thanks Sarah, cost $50 off Gumtree. The timber, rocks and fake plants come from the general pool they all share from time to time. (Azzi the bhp had his plants removed after pulling all the leaves off their stems :) He's bad.

Amazing enclosure! How much would something like this put me out if I were to buy one? With and without the deco? If you don't mind me asking.

Amazing enclosure! How much would something like this put me out if I were to buy one? With and without the deco? If you don't mind me asking.

I bought it for $50 from Gumtree so no idea what it cost to build. I dont think the corrugated iron walls would be good down in cold country though.

I bought it for $50 from Gumtree so no idea what it cost to build. I dont think the corrugated iron walls would be good down in cold country though.
well cold isnt a problem here :p. how big is it? It looks huge!

nice enclosure mate, i like the mini orb look. I always thought it would be cool if you could get some a little rusted up, old corrugated iron style and put it in an enclosure.

3 foot long x 2 foot high x 18 inches deep. (sorry, old tape measure).( not unlike myself:))

nice enclosure mate, i like the mini orb look. I always thought it would be cool if you could get some a little rusted up, old corrugated iron style and put it in an enclosure.

What's a "mini orb look" mean?

You are going to end up with snakes outside looking in from jealousy mate.

Ripper of a setup, well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back