Evidence fish grew legs much earlier than thought

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

News Bot

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Published On: 07-Jan-10 04:00 AM
Source: Associated Press
Author: By RAPHAEL G. SATTER

LONDON (AP) -- The sea-dwelling ancestors of modern-day mammals, reptiles and birds emerged from the water millions of years earlier than previously believed, according to new research published Wednesday....

Go to Original Article

I don't believe in evolution. It's like saying that a motorbike oozed up out of the oil over millions of years, then evolved into a car, then into a truck, then into a semi-trailer.
Not to mention there's no true scientific evidence to prove the theory.
Sorry, but it's true!:rolleyes:

I don't believe in evolution. It's like saying that a motorbike oozed up out of the oil over millions of years, then evolved into a car, then into a truck, then into a semi-trailer.

where do you think we came from if we didn't evolve?

Will

Last edited:

I agree, dont get me started on these idiots who think the world is a spherical body, if it wasnt flat we would all just roll to the bottom or fall into hell. They trouble is these days kids just read this so called 'science' of the interwebnet and get confused about reality.

Motorbikes did evolve; first there was the wheel, then the bicycle, then a motorised bicycle, then ...........eventually it became the motorcycle we know today. The same can be said for cars, trucks and semi-trailers. You even even say they all share a common ancestor (The wheel) as well. I think you chose a very poor example of evolution not occurring, technology is the most quickly evolving of all mans creations.

Yes, I'll give you that jham66, but they didn't evolve by themselves did they? They had a creator.

=

You're going to argue there's no scientific profe and then go on to cite a creator? are you serious? show me some proof, please, I'd be happy to see it.

Prooving evolution to soeone who does not want to beleive in it is like trying to prove the sky is blue to someone wearing red tinted glasses.

I also doubt you've looked into ANY of the scientific proof available on evolution.

Comparing the creation of a motorbike to organic, living creatures is redundant and has absolutley nothing to do with natural selection and survival of the fittest.
A mechanical structure simply will not change unless influenced by outside forces, it can't change form, can't evolve. Life forms can, they change and the changes that work survive. Evolution in a nutshell.

Also, theres 98% (i think) genetic similarity between us and chimps, fossilized remains of cro magnon man and neanderthals. Also, a motorbike cant exactly evolve because its not organic. Things that are alive CAN evolve as they adapt to new surrounding and reproduce. Do let me know if you see to motor bikes gettin it on though! :)

You're going to argue there's no scientific profe and then go on to cite a creator? are you serious? show me some proof, please, I'd be happy to see it.

Prooving evolution to soeone who does not want to beleive in it is like trying to prove the sky is blue to someone wearing red tinted glasses.

I also doubt you've looked into ANY of the scientific proof available on evolution.

Comparing the creation of a motorbike to organic, living creatures is redundant and has absolutley nothing to do with natural selection and survival of the fittest.
A mechanical structure simply will not change unless influenced by outside forces, it can't change form, can't evolve. Life forms can, they change and the changes that work survive. Evolution in a nutshell.

very nicely put could not have said it better my self.. and i got to love when ever some one says show me the prof... go to a museum and look at the progression of the fossils and how they change through the years

Lol calm it guys, I'm pretty sure jasper is screwin' with you all...at least I hope so.

HAHAHA!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why wont god heal amputees??? cmon jebus!!!!

Jasper, you ARE joking right?

It's like saying that a motorbike oozed up out of the oil over millions of years, then evolved into a car, then into a truck, then into a semi-trailer.
Mama motorbike does not combine blueprints with papa motorbike to make baby motorbike so the comparison, like all creationist arguments, is intellectually feeble
Funny, I see it every day. Maybe we live on different planets or I walk around with my eyes open.
Ahhh, usage of the word "True" that I'm not familiar with.

Re: A Creator etc.

I think a lack of scientific knowledge is the only reason people cant see Evolution.

I also think the Laws of Physics that exist in Chemistry are the way Life becomes assembled, needing No room for a creator. So to me life is inevitable anywhere this chemistry is free to "be", in a UNiverse whose laws reach the furthest corners.
I mean the laws governing star chemistry are the same, so I assume is the interaction of Chemistry in organic material.

And if Physics/chemistry creates life, and evolution produced US, when exactly does God come into the picture??

As Dawkins said, When one looks at the evidence, NO reasonable person could refute Evolution.
We have Intermediatry species (links) we have fossils that show common variety, who sit in mud aged appropriatly for evolutions theory to be maintained, and even discounting this evidence, there is genetic evidence of evolution.

There is NO question I cant answer competantly, without God as an answer. To me, one is either wise enough to See Evolution, or confused enough to still fit God into life as a reasonable assumption about our History.

I personally think a true Darwinian IS an Athiest, and those who believe in both God and Darwin, have not thought their phylosophies out well at all, as they are intellectually, incompatable.

Thats my 2 cents. Just for reference really.

Yebby, I'm havin a go at yas. Ya'll really shouldnt be so defensive!
(especially when there's no evidence) lol :D sorry can't help myself!

I agree, dont get me started on these idiots who think the world is a spherical body, if it wasnt flat we would all just roll to the bottom or fall into hell. They trouble is these days kids just read this so called 'science' of the interwebnet and get confused about reality.

I choked on my Pepsi when I read this, thanks for that :lol:

For those that don't believe in evolution, get a tadpole.

Firstly Cris , the Bible does indicate to us that the world is round, just doesnt make a big deal about it. See Isaiah 40:22. "He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth and its people are like grasshoppers"
Secondly the Theory of Evolution is just that...a THEORY meaning that it has not been proven. Thirdly the whole chimp thing , does it not make sense that all of someones' works share similarities...seeing as they are made by the same person???
Fourthly (if there is such a word?) Concerning Darwin...his theory was conceived in 1859 before electron microscopes etc. A lot has changed since then...and a lot of his theory is falling apart. Lets start here, he said, "If it could be demonstrated that any complex organ existed which could not possibly have been formed by numerous, successive, slight modifications, my theory would absolutely break down."
--Charles Darwin, Origin of Species
With our modern technology we now discover organisms like the bacterial flagellum which are certainly complex and are not reducible in its complexity. Not to mention Darwin's ideas on the so called simple cell.....which is completely been blown out of the water. I agree that animals can and do evolve, to a degree but not to the extent of the diversity of life in our world. Another interesting fact is the statistical probability of these evolution steps to occur are far beyond absurd. eg for a red blood cell to be formed by chance from the amino acids it consists of are 1 in 10 to the power of 650...for those mathematicians out there will realise the magnitude of such a number. And before I get the "you are blind and ignorant and know nothing of science" retorts , I am very much into science and had studied it my entire life. I got dragged to church but after examining the facts and doing extensive research I have made up my own mind. It is just hard for people to believe anything but evolution because it gets drummed into us from childhood at school. In case you had not gathered by now, I believe in GOD. Anyone one want to argue some more iI welcome it..:p:p:p

You claim that evolution hasn't been proven.
God - Jesus - the bible has a lot less proof to go on.
I can't see why anyone would blindly follow something there is no proof to.
Particulary when the churches have spent their entire time as an entity gathering wealth.

The church does have a lot to answer for but so does humanity as a whole. The question is how much do you know about the Bible? Everyone is quick to bag the Bible and i can guarantee that none of the bible knockers have actually ever read it let alone understood much of it.. I have studied it for three years and I still know very little of it. As to its proof or validity , it is the first port of call for ancient historians, it is the most accurate and complete collection of ancient history that is backed up and supported by other books, scrolls, documents, archeological artifacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back