Excessive consumption of Coca Cola

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayden1

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Over the past 3 months I have been drinking upwards of 2.5 litres of either Coke, Diet Coke, or Pepsi MAX (mostly Pepsi MAX) What are the health issues associated with my addiction?

Your teeth tend to fall out and you get fat

*Source: Very good friend

im gonna say dental problems, coke (actually, all fizzy drinks) rot your teeth!

Doesnt matter that theyre sugar free, the acidity is what kills the enamel.

oops snipercap beat me to it,....

Dental problems, diabetes, stomach ulcers, osteoporosis, obesity, caffeine addiction and an increased risk of pancreatic cancer. Bummer hey.

Just go cold turkey, it's not that hard. I used to drink as much as the average person - but decided one day I didn't want to anymore.

After a week or so you won't even crave it, and your body will thank you for it too!

I don't think i've touched the stuff in over 2 years.

cant be good for your stomache mate.

Sounds really stupid, but I've been struggling with a coke (liquid :p) addiction for years now.
At it's worst, I was drinking around 2.5L a day as well. I found it easiest to go cold turkey, and make a conscious decision to drink water instead of coke. While I was drinking coke, I didn't actually notice any particular bad effects, and in 25 years I've had one filling so far.
But when I stopped drinking it constantly and started drinking water instead, I felt better, had more energy, was better hydrated etc.
I wouldn't bother with the "diet" stuff, as far as I know, it's actually worse for you than the sugary stuff. The false sugars apparently cause cancer, but more to the point, they cause the same chemical reactions to happen in your body, (release of insulin etc) but there's no sugar to neutralise, so long term use I believe has been linked to diabetes. (although, take that with a grain of salt as long term consumption of high amounts of sugars will have the same effect anyway.)
On a side note, a guy that my stepdad used to work with drank about 3.5-4L of coke or pepsi per day for around 8 years. He eventually got sick from it, the doctor told him if he didn't stop he would die. He didn't stop, he got diabetes, didn't manage it properly and he ended up dying by about 64.

Over the past 3 months I have been drinking upwards of 2.5 litres of either Coke, Diet Coke, or Pepsi MAX (mostly Pepsi MAX) What are the health issues associated with my addiction?
Ask my father ,, he drank 2ltr of coke driving to Cairns and 2ltr driving back to Mission beach daily ,, Sorry you cant ask him --he is no longer with us :cry: Actually died of emphysema, but the coke did not help his Diabetes and his doctor did try to stop him drinking it for about 5 years but apparently it causes deafness as well . Its something that I have never drunk . Cold Turkey is the way to go but it must be WILD :lol:

I was similar but not as bad as you but I gave up soft drinks (and a lot of other bad foods/drinks) about four months ago. I'm now 15 kilos lighter and feel so much better just in everyday life. You may be surprised how much these things really affect you. You can't fuel a race car on crap, why would you want to fuel your body with it?
If you're having trouble giving up cold turkey, maybe try swapping it. I love the fizziness so now if I have a craving I just have soda water with a bit of lemon juice

I'm another who has quit the fizzydevil. Since dropping the fizzy drinks my stomach issues nearly all went away (the last of the issues went away when I became vegetarian). I cant believe I went for 10+ years just dealing with sore and upset stomach all the time. I have also noticed that i RARELY get headaches anymore, which I used to get alot also. Its honestly like I am a new person and I love the extra energy!!

I say quit it, it will only do you good.

Infertility is another thing that can be caused from all those preservative.

And I say infertility meaning either low sperm count or motility, it won't make you go sterile lol if you quit it will help your boys swim better :)

2.5 L per day is a lot, but it's better than the same amount of beer or wine or spirits.
The caffeine in it is a duiretic , makes you pee (lots) so you wind up drinking more in hot weather.

I'm a lifelong Coca-Cola addict from way back and apart from some extra kilograms about my midsection it's done me no harm. I limit myself to about 1 L per day but will frequently drink more if it's a hot day and while up late (better than coffee or tea or No Doze).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back