Exhibiting Reptiles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jojomystery

Reaction score
Hi guys hoping someone here will be able to help me out. I currently have an amazingly docile stimpson python which I have taken to work a couple of times to show off. He is amazing and always a hit with any customers we have around at the time. As we get school camps in, I have been asked if I would mind bring him in to show the kids tell them a bit about him etc. Am I allowed to do this under a Qld recreational license?

Hi guys hoping someone here will be able to help me out. I currently have an amazingly docile stimpson python which I have taken to work a couple of times to show off. He is amazing and always a hit with any customers we have around at the time. As we get school camps in, I have been asked if I would mind bring him in to show the kids tell them a bit about him etc. Am I allowed to do this under a Qld recreational license?
In a word no! It is illegal to display your reptiles without the correct permit/licence to do so! By the way there is no "P" in STIMSON never has been. This is the domain of a licenced demonstrator, They are the ones that have paid the licence fees and have the insurance to do so!

Actually, most Stimson's are "amazingly" docile... Generally there are constraints on moving reptiles from the premises for which they are licenced, in every state, except for bonafide veterinary attention. Just to show them off won't cut it.

Jamie

I take it that you know the ins and outs of the Queensland laws then? Are sure that the person with the demonstrators license needs to be onsite whenever the premises is open? Can you explain how your post is more helpful then mine?

Is the display at thornside? Beautiful Tiger on display there and he also has a freshwater crocodile in another corner.

Last edited:
Sorry for the typo I do realise that Stimson doesn't have a "P" in it :oops:. I just wanted to clarify as I had someone in NSW tell me that they were allowed to take them out on a recreational license as long as they didn't not receive money as this would then come under a commercial license. I have since done more research and have informed work that I am unable to bring my snakes in. Thanks for your help guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back