Exotic keepers - lets have a chat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember Guam...

Am I hearing right? Because we shelved the Savannah Cat can I expect to be able to buy one on the black market sometime soon? Wouldn't be too long before theres thousands of them out here right.

Just a side note on this as there are reports of these cats here already, who in the customs inspection teams could tell the difference between a savannah and a bengal or any other species similar? They are being sent under false labels(smuggling really) because they were knocked back. This is appaling and greedy people will find other means of supply for pretty much everything.

Just a thought, but I talked to the reptile rescue lady a while ago and she told me half her intakes are strays. Even people with the most experience and best intentions can have escapes, one of her strays I fell in love with was a baby licorice rat snake and there's no way someone let that go on purpose. At least I don't think so, pretty as she was she did want to strike at anything with in 3 feet of her tank.

yep, its like everything, people always want what they cant have. if they were legal, people wouldn't want them anymore than they want our natives.....if that makes sence ?

lol, ya because in BC you can only keep exotics and not native species. I would love a little rubber boa! Mind you, that law is a little easier to skirt since it's as easy a snagging a gater from your backyard and not telling anyone. I don't think we have too many cool native species though, so I'm happy with the way things are.

im not buying exotics , full stop!;) lol sorry for the mix up ,how much are you buying your exotics for ?

now that would be interesting ;) if people posted what they have "heard" exotics sell for
ie: species and price they were being offered at.. :)

of course it doesn't imply that they bought anything just by posting..
unfortunately I dont have any info on this subject as I dont know anything concerning sales of exotics, but it would be interesting to hear :)

Still taking calls from exotic keepers, thank you to those so far who have spoken to us.

Cheers
Dustin

Oh and by the way the research i have conducted so far on this certainly points to exotics not being cheap, as some are suggesting.

Well thank you to those people that have contacted me. I will take further calls on the topic until COB Friday 26th June, following that there wont be any further need as should have enough information from there.

For those that have sent emails or PMs, thank you too for expressing your views on the topic.

Much appreciated.

There is still a bit of research to be doing on the topic so it is still a ways off yet.

Dustin

Looking forward to a interesting read!!
And better late than never....that was a interesting read... from all who posted:)
Quite a mixed feeling subject for sure!!

Leopard Gecko's In Austrlia?

Anyone, Are You Aloud To Own A Leopard Gecko In Australia? .. Thanks..................:?:?:?:?:?

the cane toad was an exotic once, brought into the country and let loose............... look at the effect they've had on local wildlife......... include in the exotics list, foxes, introduced for sport...... horses (brumbys), exotics.............buffalo, camels, rabbits, carp in the murray river system, killing off the native fish, and numerous other animals and insects brought in to control something, but gone wild in numbers.......................................................................... do we REALLY want anything else creating a problem? Havent we done enough damage already in our quest to balance things out???????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back