Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those sliders are serious **** guys. From what I've read, they have destroyed Asia but luckily we can prevent them as they aren't established yet. As for the other species, we're pretty much doomed but hey, captivity could save the endangered species via breeding programs e.g If we got some N. sheai (I'm pretty sure they aren't endangered yet), and they almost went extinct from cane toads, people could breed them, because we can't have "cooler" exotics and so we could easily repopulate the area, whereas if we kept exotics everyone would be factory producing leopard geckos in sweatshops and no-one would care about the poor sheai.

Just an example, as much as I like exotics (I WILL make a zoo, just you wait), our natives are cooler and it is probably for the better in many ways.

Bredli

Ron I'm twelve where is my A+++++ (not kidding about the twelve part):p lol

Last edited:
Some excellent links provided there George. They give people a true insight into what is actually happening, rather than just what they imagine happens. Good stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back