Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if u r clever enough to handle a Coastal Tiapan, and have a licence to keep them,, then why not Cobras also??? no reason at all , except Govt. control of our lives

The problem exists already. now its time to manage the problem. strict license rules and people who breed should have to only sell desexed animals as pets to control the spread of animals. exotics are here in large numbers at least the problem will be controlled rather than hidden..
It will come one day, Brother . BIG TIME...............far too many "people " living off the magnifecent/mighty men and women of the Private Enterprise System..We pay the taxes to keep those "people " alive, but have no say whatsoever in which oh those "people " should be born to live OFF us
I Cannot agree more. there should be a bloody iq test and a bloody dero test and ability to raise a decent human test. should you fail castration(sp) swifty follows:evil:
OH!

Yes however I am not specificaly aiming at exotic reptiles, surely there is a few monkeys floating around in private hands that the government doesnt know about. And of course the recent spate of wild lion sightings in Darwin (not to mention the pygmy hippo shot not long ago that was feral)
there definitely are monkeys about,I remember seeing 1 in a rolls royce on the M5 couple of years ago,if my wife hadn't seen it as well you'd say I was drunk.don't know what type it was only small climbing from front to back seat

if u r clever enough to handle a Coastal Tiapan, and have a licence to keep them,, then why not Cobras also??? no reason at all , except Govt. control of our lives

I can handle a dog so why not a fox ? i can handle frogs so why not toads? i can handle a guinea pig so why not rabbits in qld? i can handle a guppy so why not talapia? if you dont like what is on offer go over seas and play with them for a bit.

you sit a test for your drivers license. testing you for the basic knowledge. I believe we should have one for reptiles too... all pets really! less impulse buying then

you sit a test for your drivers license. testing you for the basic knowledge. I believe we should have one for reptiles too... all pets really! less impulse buying then

I don't think it should happen. Reptiles are licenced for a particular reason that has nothing to do with the kind of care they require. And you want to give the bureaucracy another thing to charge you for, and demand you do?

Like in the thread about collection from the wild, people seem to have a kind of exceptionalist stance to reptiles. There's little licencing to keep other animals. Or kids! Start with something more important.

they already charge me for the paper why not make sure I know what the heck I'm doing too?

I bet if they made up a test...all their answers would be wrong...or it'd be about exotics they think are native hahaha

I don't think you can compare a Taipan with Cobra, completely different kettle of fish I think. And one legitimate reason is because it's the law. Deal with it.

I don't think you can compare a Taipan with Cobra, completely different kettle of fish I think. And one legitimate reason is because it's the law. Deal with it.

Look, the fact that the issue is revisited again and again when nothing has changed, that warrants a 'deal with it' response.

But I think we should have a healthy understanding of why it's law. Law does not come down from heaven. Ok, except for that once ;) We should defend the rationale behind good laws, and work to change bad ones.

If they were to introduce a test you would be hit with more money - more resources are required for the test to be designed and implemented. I don't see the need for it too be that expensive for someone who wants to keep a reptile when in reality they are not hard to care for, what it boils down to is that the owner gets bored of them and then they neglect the reptile.

Maybe a "cooling off" period would be an idea where the application is received but not processed for a certain time frame to get rid of those impulse buying.

As for legalising exotics it is not going to happen in the next few years, and nor will it from online debates! The simple answer to everyone who wishes to keep exotics is to just buy the bloody things! :shock:

The problem exists already. now its time to manage the problem. strict license rules and people who breed should have to only sell desexed animals as pets to control the spread of animals. exotics are here in large numbers at least the problem will be controlled rather than hidden..
It will come one day, Brother . BIG TIME...............far too many "people " living off the magnifecent/mighty men and women of the Private Enterprise System..We pay the taxes to keep those "people " alive, but have no say whatsoever in which oh those "people " should be born to live OFF us
I Cannot agree more. there should be a bloody iq test and a bloody dero test and ability to raise a decent human test. should you fail castration(sp) swifty follows:evil:

Seriously, the vast majority off people who are living in this situation are quite comfortably sucking on the teat of the government, and have no qualms raising their children to do the same. To be honest, they remind me of a colony of woodies. The just scrabble around, sucking as much as they can from the government, and breeding like crazy. The worst part is the sense of entitlement, the belief that they deserve everything they have been given. And most of the time it works, the "worse" off they are (read: the more **** they've gotten themselves into), the more the government hands out.
Crack addict? Have some money.
Got TB? Have some more.
Never heard of contraception and now you've got 8 kids and no husband? Hell, have a brand new house in Brighton.

I'm not kidding, these people are living in places I could never even dream of affording.

Sorry for the off topic rant, I have to deal with these lowlife mongrels every day at work and it p***es me right off. And some of them have had the gall to call ME a loser because I'm working in the middle of the night on a saturday.

I should say something on topic. Umm... exotics? Like it or not, they're here anyway. However, if they're made legal the problem will probably just get worse, because more people will be in a position to own them, which means that more people will be in a position to lose/dump/release them when they become too much of a bother.

Last edited:
Seriously, the vast majority off people who are living in this situation are quite comfortably sucking on the teat of the government, and have no qualms raising their children to do the same. To be honest, they remind me of a colony of woodies. The just scrabble around, sucking as much as they can from the government, and breeding like crazy. The worst part is the sense of entitlement, the belief that they deserve everything they have been given. And most of the time it works, the "worse" off they are (read: the more **** they've gotten themselves into), the more the government hands out.
Crack addict? Have some money.
Got TB? Have some more.
Never heard of contraception and now you've got 8 kids and no husband? Hell, have a brand new house in Brighton.

I'm not kidding, these people are living in places I could never even dream of affording.

Sorry for the off topic rant, I have to deal with these lowlife mongrels every day at work and it p***es me right off. And some of them have had the gall to call ME a loser because I'm working in the middle of the night on a saturday.

I should say something on topic. Umm... exotics? Like it or not, they're here anyway. However, if they're made legal the problem will probably just get worse, because more people will be in a position to own them, which means that more people will be in a position to lose/dump/release them when they become too much of a bother.
I completely agree mate. Where I live near everyone is on the doll and never even had the thought of getting A ****ing job. Hell I have been working since I was 15 and my parents owned their own business and had money but I wanted to do it myself. It ****ing annoys me when you tell them get A job and you get the why I get $$ for nothing response. Anyway mate I had A chuckle to your rant.

there definitely are monkeys about,I remember seeing 1 in a rolls royce on the M5 couple of years ago,if my wife hadn't seen it as well you'd say I was drunk.don't know what type it was only small climbing from front to back seat

I want a monkey!! :p

Why should we put them on a license they are already here in huge numbers if you want them you can get them and if you don't then don't simple as for reporting people with Healthy exotics that are being well looked after..... I don't but that's just me

Last edited:
Why does everybody want to take backward steps in preserving Australia's flora and fauna?

I could be wrong but i think he ment exotics as pets (like birds, fish and the like), not to mass release them in qld. personally i don't think it would be much different then the aquarium market

my 2c

There ever where Snakes lizards birds aquarium fish frogs turtles .. There been here for years and we have to deal with it . I used to buy and sell a lot of exotic aquarium fish these a BIG market for them same with others I went to a guys house a few mths back that had 2 red tail bowas just to name a few so ... There here to stay all we can do is deal with it and don't buy them ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back