Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I don't think anyone has ever set a pet "free" in Australia ever. :/
No one disposes of unwanted items in a way that is harmful to the environment either.
not to be rude Rhomany but not everyone thinks like that? some idiot with a pair of corns might not know about the eco system and how fragile it is and let the animals go? how can you say a "pet" has never been set free? you dont know that and there are some STUPID people in this word.

Well almost did anyway, then the white man came along and did the rest.

In the interests of having a cool calm and collected adult conversation about this, and if they were legalised, I don't see myself running out and getting any in the near future.

I just wanted to add the opinion that maybe if exotics are legalised and then regulated as our current system is, i.e. licensing and reporting each year, wouldn't it stop the black market animals or at least minimise them. This would take the whole point out of people smuggling them into Australia. We all know that there are already wild populations of exotics in Australia, so maybe instead of fighting it, lets let them in legally and regulate and license them, mandatory reporting like we do already with the licensing system etc. This is just my opinion and I am not after a fight, just a question/suggestion that I thought would be worth putting to everybody and seeing what people think!! :)

^^^^^
That will never happen
We know that because as far as I know no-one has ever lost a snake in Australia??

qouted for truth. now that i think about it as much as id like an exotic, i would hate to see Australia's ecosytem ruined.

How about finishing school and getting your crap together before posting it?
Bring it!

So your saying that us kids cant have a say because we haven't finished school? What we are to young to realist the consequences of what will happen when they escape the enclosure and end up in the wild? I hate how some adults on here think just because we are young (under 18's) we have absolutely no clue about these kind of things. Look at all these guys on here that know a heck lot more than many adults on here, using snakeluvver as an example. He knows more that i ever will and he is 12 i think. So don't judge us just on our age. ok cool im done

i think she was being sarcastic, well ive heard about a population of marina iguana in some part of australia that got introduced and they are doing great and the fauna and stuff is fine, but i only heard something dont know how true it is, i was just putting this question out there, thinking how cool it would be if everything worked out sweet like with the eco and stuff would be cool

I just couldn't stand the thought of people letting go of the animals or losing them and it stuffing up everything. I think if they were to ever be legal, they shouldn't be sold in pet stores. There should be some sort of advanced license class for them and there should be closer checks on them. I bet the goverment would make an exotic keepers license really expensive aswell so that it stops people that aren't truely commited from buying them,

I thought you said marijuana iguana for a second. Hahaha

You can buy Corn snakes in Auburn Sydney cheaper than you can buy a carpet python
Ball Pythons from Melbourne for $120 each
Red Tail Boas from Mackay at $200 each

They are here and here to stay but there is no money in smuggling them in any more so possibly having an amnesty might be a good idea
But with the amnesty should be a proviso that prohibits breeding

Alright mo devil how about we get all these exotics in the country (other than the lot we have) When some enviromental disater like the brown tree snake in Guam or the Burmese, is it Burmese in the everglades that is causing the crap? Actually how about we import cane toads? Whoops, been done and you know what they actually introduced this for a supposed better reason.
Lets bring in red eared sliders, becaues they have not caused any probs.
How about finishing school and getting your crap together before posting it?
Bring it!

do you want to relax maybe and be respectful? these are children you are talking too!

Yeah that's a good idea about the breeding Longqi!

Plus I can honestly say that as someone who teaches ecology to school kids LOTS of them know more about the environment and the impacts we are having on it than most of the adults I know. School kids now are very switched on to things like this and it forms an important aspect of most school curriculums too.

it would b sweet if it all worked out, like i would love to go and watch a group of iguanas playing in the grass, or seeing chameleons cruising through a tree, some sweet eyelash vipers prey on some mouse, would b sweet if it all worked out but i know it wont, see its not hard for us all to have a civilised convo and just talk about a matter instead of fight, i like it, ok so what would you like to see in the wild (exotic wise) if it was all good and didnt stuff the eco system??

do you want to relax maybe and be respectful? these are children you are talking too!

And when I was a child I got worse than the good old lecture from the computer.

Are the child by age or child by nature? sorry i have looked.

History has taught us time and again that introducing different species to a new environment is always bad. Just take a look at our history. The US is fast trying to back peddle but will never repair the damage that has been done in there own country, so why risk it here?

And when I was a child I got worse than the good old lecture from the computer.

Are the child by age or child by nature? sorry i have looked.

firstly i dont think you're in any position to lecture anyones child over their opinions in a herpetology discussion.

secondly as mo-deville said, its just a conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back