Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeh so true i would hate for all our beautiful eco to get destroyed, would just be sweet to have some cool exotics, but its so not worth it, GO AUSTRALIA, keep it pure,

Well all you mainlanders....
Think of how luck you are in tasmania-yes tasmania the island down the bottom
We are only allowed to keep reptiles from tasmania...
We have no pythons no monitors no colubrids no geckos no turtles etc etc

We only have venonomous snakes so if ya want a snake in tassie its gotta be deadly

So i think we all need to have a look around other places dont have it as good as you.

Im done yes im 14 too there are alot of minors in this forum that could give some of you adults a run for your money please dont undermind us

Cheers have a nice night :D

^^ true before I would rally for exotics we should at least rally for Tasmanians to be allowed to keep their own species.

I would love a ball python or corn snake. Want one so bad as soon as they come here to Sydney

Why do you want a corn snake pillby? Just curious as my experience with them has been that they have zero personality.

Why do you want a corn snake pillby? Just curious as my experience with them has been that they have zero personality.

I held a snow corn the other day for the first time and I gotta say if I wasn't so paranoid about my licence I'd want one. It was gorgeous and I would think personality is an individual thing like our snakes

I do agree that they come in pretty colours, we have three at work though and they all seem a bit low on the personality scale :lol: Maybe the one you met was better...

one thing i have learnt in life is never say never,stranger things have happened!
There was an artical in the daily telegraph a few weeks back someone has put
a proposal to goverment to import and introduce the siver fox as pets.

Yeah but Danish that person is an idiot. The government themselves responded by saying something along the lines that they can't stop him from putting the application in(doesn't mean they will take it seriously though).

I bet who ever decided to introduce the cane toad hates themselves. That or they're rolling in their graves.

Come to think of it, I cannot think of anything that has been introduced that hasn't destroyed some part of the eco system. Even when dingos were introduced they killed off all the tasmanian tigers.

I saw plenty of old pics with carcasses of Tasmanian Tigers strung up but must have missed seeing the dingoes holding their guns..PLEASE..Can we think before we type

If you read below that I typed a bit more. I've researched the tasmanian tigers and they were almost (I still have hope..) killed off in the mainland and uncommon in tasmania before european settlement. Most likely cause was the dingo. Maybe you should actually look it up before you accuse me of being wrong. :)

"Tasmanian tigers lived only on the island of Tasmania in recent history, but fossil record shows that it was also found in New Guinea and Australia as recently as 3000 years ago. Competition with dogs brought by aborigines eliminated it in Australia and New Guinea. These dogs ran wild, becoming the dingo, which entirely filled its niche. A large population survived on Tasmania, where there are no dingoes."

Most information on the species will state this.

Last edited:
the introduction of exotic species to Australia just wont happen, the goverment has to many examples of this going bad in other places around the world, look at the everglades in Florida? its not just the 15ft burms eating all the native wildlife, they have African rock pythons, green iguanas, nile monitors, cane toads, just to name a few, there are over 200 sepcies in that area alone that shouldent be there and that were introduced by people, and they are fighting a loosing battle. the Glades will never be the same, i dont want my kids growing up finding corn snakes and boas in out native bush lands ( if there is any bush left ) i want them finding natives. anyway thats my two cents,
Eddie..

If you read below that I typed a bit more. I've researched the tasmanian tigers and they were almost (I still have hope..) killed off in the mainland and uncommon in tasmania before european settlement. Most likely cause was the dingo. Maybe you should actually look it up before you accuse me of being wrong. :)

"Tasmanian tigers lived only on the island of Tasmania in recent history, but fossil record shows that it was also found in New Guinea and Australia as recently as 3000 years ago. Competition with dogs brought by aborigines eliminated it in Australia and New Guinea. These dogs ran wild, becoming the dingo, which entirely filled its niche. A large population survived on Tasmania, where there are no dingoes."

Most information on the species will state this.

So since it was the fault of the Dingoes that we have no Tasmanian Tigers left did the Dingoes swim to Tassie or did we ship them to the mainland and since they were extinct before European settlement how come they were listed as protected in 1936 ????????
Oh and where did all the pics of them come from

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back