• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

EXPERIENCED KEEPER ONLY (Bris) give away, coastal carpet, can't afford vet bill.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Recharge

now this is a terrible thing to have to admit, and even more terrible to have to face the shame of, but.

I have an adult coastal carpet, "garbage disposal".
he's not well, and he needs vet care, but I simply can't afford it, I've been in the process of selling off all my snakes for this reason (in the spirit of can't afford it, don't own it)

I believe it's a worm or other infestation problem, he has a bulge in his middle and won't eat, (and hasn't for quite a while) and he's starting to get alarmingly skinny.

I'm sure I'm going to get flack for this, and I probably deserve it, but first and foremost, is getting him help, so I've decided It's far better to give him away to someone who can take care of him and will love him.

included is his cage if wanted/needed.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/recharge1/Pictures/Snake/Garbage disposal.jpg this is him in much better condition.

if you're interested, please pm me for pickup details.

thread posted here so only experienced keepers need apply.

feel free to berate me, I don't mind, but only if you're interested in taking him on.

and Brisbane people only please.

---------- Post added 05-Jan-11 at 07:37 PM ----------

thank you all who enquired, he's been picked up and will be visiting a vet tomorrow.

my HUGE thanks to jmcsnake

hopefully he'll be healthy and happy soon.

*sniff* *wipes tear from eye*

Some very sad news today from jmcsnake :(

I have bad news, unfortunately that lump was actually a tumour, the size of which combined with his condition made operating on the tumour a no win situation. I'm so sorry nothing could be done for him, many options were considered and other vets consulted but it was decided he was suffering and putting him to sleep was the best option.
I'm so sorry for your loss.

sad times on top of everything else that's happened in Brisbane this week.

*sigh* poor garbage disposal :( I feel terrible, but such is life I'm afraid :(

thanks all for the pms of concern, and wishes, huge thanks to jmcsnake for everything you've done, I'm in your debt, which will be repaid in anyway I can when or if the need arises.

RIP GD, you were a wonderful boy *cry*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back