Experienced Olive Keepers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Varanoidea

Reaction score
So I recently reacquired my olive python that I got when I was 9, so he will be 10 this year and eclipsing 9ft (very rough guess, he is probably a bit bigger). I'm planning a new enclosure for him since his current one is about 6 years old. In peoples experience what sort of heating do your olives prefer? Globes/panels only, a panel halfway down for belly heat/basking heat or just a mat/cord. This enclosure is going to be a mansion because he was my first reptile so he is very special to me. Thanks. :)

Last edited:
Best to route a heat cord into the base of your enclosure and silicon it down, then silicon a tile over this [ glazed is easier to clean ].
If the enclosure is going to be tall I'd put a heat globe at the top too, but this means you will need two thermostats to run both. Probe of thermo also routed in under tile and other probe up near light heat source, cool spot would be the floor that is not heated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back