Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nephrurus

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
G'day all,

Just a quick post regarding the Frog And Tadpole Study group field trip last weekend. It was warm and overcast all day and we got a tiny bit of rain in the arvo.

We got a few frogs but the stars of the night were the reptiles.

Amongst other species we saw several Dwarf Crowned Snakes Cacophis kreftii, A pink tongued skink Cyclodomorphus gerrardi, a blind snake Ramphotyphlops nigrescens and a stunning young Stephens Banded Snake Hoplocephalus stephensii

Here's a few pics.

_DSC9141.jpg

_DSC9147.jpg

_DSC9164.jpg

_DSC9168.jpg

All the best,

-Henry

Awesome pics, great camera work Henry,
Cheers
Adam

Great pics, where abouts did u go? love the Stephens banded !

yer definately wanna come to the strickland trip. do you have to book that one or can you just turn up cause I dont wanna book and take up 2 places then not be able to get there because I might be working, which means 2 people could have gone but missed out

edit, woops I didnt see my first post. forgot I had already posted

ryan, you have to book, and if you find out that you cant go, ring the day before to say that you cant come. if there is a waiting list, the co-ordinator will offer your spots to the next in line.

was a great night, stephens was the highlight, and the kreftii were great 'swell

cheers
matt

These aren't the pick of the photos. THey are OK, not my favourites though.

_DSC9117.jpg

_DSC9124.jpg

_DSC9126.jpg

There you go, Cacophis kreftii in all it's tiny splendour!

-H

I want to see a dwarf crowned snake. Do you reckon they'll still be there? Where did this field trip take place?

Stewart

Well done Neph. Thats some handy photography youv'e done there. May i ask what camera you used and what lenses you used as those are some ripper pics.

Well done Neph. Thats some handy photography youv'e done there. May i ask what camera you used and what lenses you used as those are some ripper pics.

Looks like a Nikon D70s with a Tamron 90mm lens. Judging by the angle of the shadow, I'd say there's an SB-600 flash sitting on top of the camera, but I'm not 100% sure (might be an SB-800 dialed down).

Stewart

lovely photos, Henry. I especially llike the shot of the Pink-tongue. Mine always end up with too much glare so your diffuser (I assume that you were using it) must work well.

Regards,
David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back