Family doesn't want croc killed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

News Bot

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Published: 09-Feb-09 01:30 PM
Source: AAP via NEWS.com.au

THE parents of a five-year-old boy feared taken by a crocodile on a north Queensland river say they don't want any of the reptiles put down.

Read More...

thats a nice thing to do but i feel bad for the parents if the child did get taken by the croc

terrible that the boy is missing:(:(.. but im really glad the parents dont want revenge on the crocodile..:)

I have met this family personally & my deepest sympathies go out to them. I have also never met anyone so committed to crocs & the Daintree River Population as Steve Doble { the young lads father} He & his wife run the BEST tour on the river, far more "pro croc" than pro tourist ie: he will not taunt crocs with food or the boat so the tourist can get a good photo. I wish them all the very best & if you are ever in the area call into Daintree River cruises & take the best tour in the far north.

Poor family, and that poor boy must have been frightened beyond belief.
But Croc's do only two things well naturally; Camouflage themselves perfectly underneath the surface of the water, and strike.
And hunting a Crocodile for hunting, is like hunting a Bee for collecting pollen. It's just what they do instinctively.

Much respect to the parents of the boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back