Fangs for the lift: Snake shock for driver Read more: http://www.news.com.au/nationa

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He sounded like a guy who just got tagged by a dangerous snake making light of the situation. You sound like a d(your word) with no sense of humour!
well i am sorry if i show more concern for an animal's wellbeing than some guys car! next time i will keep my opinion to myself. thank you for the constructive criticism!

well i am sorry if i show more concern for an animal's wellbeing than some guys car! next time i will keep my opinion to myself. thank you for the constructive criticism!

Personally i'm more concerned with a person who has been bitten by a dangerous snake. You do realise that he didn't kill it and he didn't trap it in his door intentionally, right?

Most importantly though, on your note of animal welfare, he didn't advocate killing the snake.

well after watching that video last night I cringed in horror at the bad practise of securing that snake, no offence intended to the individual but I sincerely hope this has been highlighted & the snake catcher informed of the errors & retraining advised before someone using that method gets a bite.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that lol

I think if you watch it when it comes to that bit...he's got a smile on his face and the reporter is also laughing, so I think he's simply making light of the situation as waruikazi has said.

I hardly expect him to seriously want the snake to pay his excess on a few little scratches which will probably buff out.

Personally i'm more concerned with a person who has been bitten by a dangerous snake. You do realise that he didn't kill it and he didn't trap it in his door intentionally, right?
for starters if he was at risk of going downhill, they (the hospital) would never have let the cameras in the room. secondly i do realise that it was an attempt to lighten the issue, no he didn't condone the death of the snake or any harm. 99.999999999% of people would have reacted after a bite just like that (meaning the car door), hell he could be the worlds nicest person, all i am saying is that the video doesn't come off in a good light for him, esp to people who respect snakes and animals in general. the video comes off as a "omg my car" video that lacks concern for the snake and himself. yes i do also know that the media can flip things to sound how they want it to, hence why most comments on that link were mainly negative to the snake.

for starters if he was at risk of going downhill, they (the hospital) would never have let the cameras in the room. secondly i do realise that it was an attempt to lighten the issue, no he didn't condone the death of the snake or any harm. 99.999999999% of people would have reacted after a bite just like that (meaning the car door), hell he could be the worlds nicest person, all i am saying is that the video doesn't come off in a good light for him, esp to people who respect snakes and animals in general. the video comes off as a "omg my car" video that lacks concern for the snake and himself. yes i do also know that the media can flip things to sound how they want it to, hence why most comments on that link were mainly negative to the snake.

I agree with the other guys on this, after I saw the vid and he made his comment I just laughed, thought it was funny. At least he had the sense and the humour to laugh about the situation rather than go on a rampage about killing all the snakes in the world as they chased him and tried to kill him.

No you actually called him a 'd!@#,' not the story, atleast that is what i took from your post. And i think you are wrong. The bloke didn't intentionally harm the snake, he called a pro to come and remove it and he wished it no harm (apparently) even though he copped a bite from it (did i mention it was a dangerous snaketoo?). He made light of the situation, he made his car the point of his story rather than him.

So i go back to what i said earlier, i think you are the unkown word you posted (unless it's somethign really nasty, i don't like using those nasty words!) because you have no sense of humour!

And yeah i noticed the bag handling too. I was gonna say something but then i thought maybe that's just the way some people do it...

I couldn't watch the video (crappy work computers with no Flash). Did they say it was probably a dry bite or is RBB venom just not that toxic

2 meters...pffft only 1. I love RBB i cant wait to get some.

Ben

I couldn't watch the video (crappy work computers with no Flash). Did they say it was probably a dry bite or is RBB venom just not that toxic

He was still in a pressure bandage when they were filming him. That done correctly can make the time between a bite and symptoms showing quite long. It could have been any number of reasons for how he appeared but no the vid didn't say.

Didn't he say he felt a pain in his leg and nausea..??

Ahh, dry in the mouth, leg was a bit painful and started to feel nauseas

I'm still so surprised at the 'typical' aussie reply... Were these replies (as posted earlier) just trolls? They can't all possibly believe the only good snake is a dead snake... Can they?

I honestly can't stand that attitude (no matter what the animal). And it worries me this attitude exists.

I do however, understand the attitude. I certainly can't condone it.

Was it the reporting that suggested people should all don on their snake whacking gear for snake whacking day...?

Why is this attitude so rife amongst the general populous?

Is there a chance it could be changed???

Is Gordo the man to do that???

There's so many questions and so little time to answer them... and so few comments get through to the Courier Mail... I hate that!!!

Id be surprised if the snake got out of that without some serious internal damage. What looks like nothing now can become an issue down the track when the broken bones begin to calcify, affecting movement.

I think the bloke in the hospital bed took it pretty well, fairly usual and reasonable reaction to an unusual situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back