Fat Coastal

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Franco

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the picture of the huge coastal carpet on the herptrader? It is 12ft long and 17 kg in weight. Looks a bit overweight if you ask me. It's neck is just as wide as its head. $1000 and it's all yours. Sounds a bit steep if you ask me.

308_500.jpg

What do you think?

Franco ...........

my coastal male is 9 to 10ft long but not that fat he looks anorexic compared to that one

maybe they wanted it to look sorta like a boa????????????????????????

unhealthy yes i would not pay 1000 for it

Pyhton lifespan in captivity 25+ years, fat overfed just for the owners enjoyment, 5 or less. That doesn't look healthy.
Moses

It doesn't look 12 foot long either. The largest Carpet ever recorded was 12 foot long - the pic of that is in somebody's gallery on this site...

Yeah well, considering a single seater couch is only about 4' wide, it does look a fair bit less than 12'. but maybe it's an old photo, I've never heard of anyone exagerating the size of their snake before! :twisted:

It is written that coastal carpets may grow to 14 foot in the wild.
12 foot in captivity is seen in some females but a 12 foot male is just phenomenal.

Im just curious as to weather you measure you snake "at the slack" or when its streched out for what ever reason, as I know there would be a fair difference in how long id list my own python, depending which state Id choose to measure it in.

OZ :roll:

BTW this is a serious question, I?m not sure on the answer, I did read somewhere you don?t measure by the sloth length.
I know if you choose to, you could read between the lines and get off topic but I in no way intended it to come across as a euphemism, I just reread the post, but its the best way i could think to put the question, and didnt think it justified its own thread.

Bloody hell
thats one fat coastal.
if ya ask me, that snake is really unhealthy.
i hope u dont plan on breeding it cause an overweight snake can turn sterile.

I must agree with everyone that snake does not look in good health.
$1000 is a bit too much for an unhealthy snake that will probably only live another year or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back