Fat tail dunnarts

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wizz

Reaction score
can you keep Fat tail dunnarts in QLD with out a permite ????
Thanks Dave

They are not allowed to be kept in QLD at all unfortunately.... :(

they are very sweet looking things ....we seem to cop the short end of the stick alot in QLD when it comes to getting natives

grouse little critters, silly rules that SA and Vic can keep them but not you guys to the north! Here are some pics i took a while ago.

ben
dunnart4.jpg

dunnart01.jpg

dun.jpg

babydunnarts-1.jpg

pissedofffemaledunnart.jpg

Is there anything we can have in NSW? Cant even feed our enemies to our crocs..... Cant have crocs

yeah my partner wanted a sugar glider.

does anyone know the reason why we cant keep natives here in qld?

The laws state by state are crazy! Its like we are all different countries! Not sure why u guys in qld cant have mammals but they have always been funny with mammals like ferrets and rabbits, maybe it steams from that. Soemone else here might have a better answer.

NSW would have the best regulations but then again only 2 mammals are on the list! There have been 8 more submissions for mammals here in Vic so hopefully they get approved along with rough scale pythons, centralian gecko's , boyds and Litoria splendida!

They are on basic. a fish tank 60cmx30x30 is fine for a pair, they cant jump very high. give them a hide, a substrate of sorts and thats it. I give them water, never see them drink though as they get a lot of the moisture from insects etc. I feed them a well balanced diet: crickets, woodies, mealworms and meat type cat food mixed with wombaroo carnivore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back