favourite of all time

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cwarren72

Very Well-Known Member
Banned
Reaction score
Strange thread maybe but I have been reflecting and stopped to think who the most influencial person is to me of all time. To me as corny as it may sound it is Steve Irwin because he is someone like me who had no formal training in any area but had a dream and a pasion and followed both and believed in them both and got to rise above all obscurity following his dream to get on top of the pile. As famous as he was and rich as he was he never forgot his personal morals or where he came from. He just was what he was warts and all as they say. He was one of the reasons I started keeping and got my licence...

I liked steve and admired his passion, he was a top bloke
and also meeting graeme gow when i was younger up in humpty doo was great

Not sure about my most influential but heres one.
Marcus Aurelius.
"Whatsoever doth happen in the world, doth happen justly, and so if thou doest well take heed, thou shalt find it. I say not only in right order by a series of inevitable consequences, but according to justice and as it were by way of equal distribution, according to the true worth of everything."

"A very ridiculous thing it is, that a man should dispense with vice and wickedness in himself, which is in his power to restrain; and should go about to supress it in others, which is altogether impossible."

The person who has had the most influence on me would have to be my Dad as corney as it sounds, Thanks Dad still miss you heaps.

im with inkslinger there,my dad was the biggest influence on me as far as my love for all animals and the environment..rip and merry xmas to him.always miss the folks at this time of year.
i used to watch harry butler with awe on tv when i was young and my dad actually took me to meet him at the australian museum in sydney when i was very young to.in my early teens i looked to brian barnett , john birkett , anthony sokol and others for inspiration

Ray Hoser, because of the amount of envy & jealousy he recieves here.
Therefore he must be Australias most influencial Herper :p

Last edited:
Most influential person of my life... this may be a little deep,

Me....

I am the single most influential person in my life. If it wasnt for me, i would never have tried to out throw my cousin in a cockle throwing contest and threw it into my ankle

Leaving myself with 6 stitches and a fractured ankle.

if it wasnt for me, i wouldnt have been so ignorant about the fact that a small brown coloured snake can infact move faster than my Bruce Lee relfexes.

Leaving me in hospital for two days after it bit me sick as a dog.

If it wasnt for me, i would never have thought that riding your bike down a hill requires the use of some sort of optical vision in the spectrum of 400 - 700nm

Leaving my bike firmly implanted into the back of a neighbours mercedes and me with using my head as break on the road to stop my body.

Ahh the stupid things that we did as kids.

Its amazing though, in all seriousness, as we grow older and have families, how much our parents have imparted their influence upon us.

Our time with our family is short. each day should be treasured, though it rarely is.

Yeah I reckon Sir David Attenborough is pretty hard to go past. Having said that no one person has really influenced my life but he is inspirational.

The list goes on. I don't think I have a 'fav'.

Attenborough
Irwin
Shine
Gow
The locals aroung Canberra that allowed a nosy kid to poke about 15 years ago
A few of the Rangers around Canberra I got to know
My parents

Its endless. In different ways so many people have inspired, instructed and assisted me and my interest and a 26 year love affair with Australian wildlife, especially reptiles.

I fully agree

The person who has had the most influence on me would have to be my Dad as corney as it sounds, Thanks Dad still miss you heaps.

My dad who sadly passed away when I was 17 was the most influential person in my life. His greatest belief was to treat people the way in which you would like to be treated. He also told me never to steal or cheat, respect your elders, treat everyone equally and to take responsibilty for your actions. If everyone had the same beliefs the world would surely be a much better place. From these humble beliefs, I believe I have grown to be a good person - maybe not as rich or powerful as some - but a good person nonetheless.

I truly respect Stever Irwin and Sir David Attenborough because of their devotion to what they believe. The seem to be - or seemed to be genuine caring people.

This is definitely one of the better threads started on this site.

The face of inspiration?

Attachments

• face of inspiration.jpg
    face of inspiration.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 65
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your paying small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. "

-- Marianne Williamson

This quote and the thought of my old man kickin' me up the backside inspires me on a regular basis.

as Corny as this sounds my most inspirational person is definitely my wife. I totally changed direction after I met her and haven't looked back. Unfortunately my Dad didn't make it long enough to have a big influence.

Most influential person of my life... this may be a little deep,

If it wasnt for me, i would never have tried to out throw my cousin in a cockle throwing contest and threw it into my ankle

Wot tha???? Were you going for the shortest distance??? Did you forget to let go??? Did you flip during your throw? Do you have it on video?

lol.. sorry... very nicely put tho - you're the most inspiring person to yourself as you should be... don't be led by others.... :) thanks for the chuckle with my imagination and your cockle throwing story!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back