Feeding and shedding records

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rockman

Reaction score
Hi , has anyone got a computor programme for tracking the feeding , sheds , craps , anything that a snake doe's .I have looked at the the ones on site , 2 have gone and the other 1 ., i can't open at all . Or do we do it the old fashioned way with pen and paper :D . Can some-one help please , thanks

Yeah, excel spreadsheet seems to be the go. Thats what i use, and it works a treat.

What kind of records does everyone keep? DO you keep record of who you purchased the animal from, when it was born, weight, size, health records, etc...

Also, what kind of information is kept for each area, like feeding might be, when it was fed, what it was fed, how much the food weighted, etc...

I am very interested in the meticulous stuff, all the fine details that are kept, especially by the large breeders.

Cheers.

Re: RE: Feeding and shedding records

africancichlidau said:
What kind of records does everyone keep? DO you keep record of who you purchased the animal from, when it was born, weight, size, health records, etc...

Yes.
:lol:

Very concise answer there mate, well done!!

RE: Re: RE: Feeding and shedding records

I keep it as detailed as practical.

I have set up an excel database identical too the one used by venom supplies. It is a must if you have a large collection. After i had more than 20 snakes I couldnt keep a decent track of them all.

I also use seperate feed cards kept in a folder.

Any chance you guys could give some specifics about your record keeping or maybe somehow post a template. It probably wont work posting it here as the attachment module dosen't seem to like files other than images, but you can try. It would be really helpful and appreciated. :)

I use this Excel sheet I made up as a template for each snake.

What I mean is one sheet per snake.

I put the species &/or name of snake in the top and a little pic of the snake in the bottom corner.

Like I said it is a template so it does look different in the working model.

I don't use each field for every entry. (e.g.weight is taken only on the first weekend of every month with the snake having an empty stomach)

Dosn't come out that great on this screen dump.

I just have a column for the date, a column for a keyword/activity (like 'feed' or 'shed', 'puchase' or 'sale') and a column for comments or details.

In another file I keep track of income/expenses.

:p

Hix

I also make a notation if mating is observed.
I had to make a notation when I got home this morning at 5am and found my Water pythons getting to know each other in the biblical sense.

A new program was released at the Mac herp meeting.
The details are - Herp Care Software
Distributed by Pablo Bolomey
Email - [email protected]
Mobile No - 0409 622 949.
I have purchased the program and find it to be easy to use and of good quaility.

Cheers
Leigh

I use MSA Herp, I can't think of the web address off hand but type it into Google and you will find it. Contains almost all Australian species on it's database and is very consice and easy to use.

We have not got a large collection and find that a large year wall planner is the go.

I mostly record sloughs, feeds, major clean outs, egg laying, cooling, introductions etc.

The year planner has the advantage of easily being able to caculate anticipated events such as expected egg laying and hatching. Also all the information is available at a glance. Having a couple of years up at once allows you to compare the timing of seasonal activities from year to year.

For hatchlings I just stick a sheet on the top of every little enclosure and mark everything down when it happens. When the hatchling gets sold the new owner gets to keep the sheet of information.

As with many things I find keeping it simple is the key.

Having a small collection i simply keep my own records on wordpad for each sp eg.

Im a bit slack with records and often, feed/sun/clean etc and just dont bother to add it, im thinking of just keeping sheds /weight progress data from now on. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back