feeding blue tounge skink

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morelia_man

Reaction score
i work in the meat department at Woolworths (safeways) and i was told today that i am allowed to take the sawdust from the ban saw home to feed my dog, because it is very good for their health. the saw dust is not wood but is the dust from the meat and bone. would this be any good for my blue tongue??

thanks

Hi M&M
Not quite sure what this sawdust really is so I suggest that you take a few peoples oppinions as im not 100% certain of my answer.But I would think it would be good for your lizard considering it has alot of marrow and calcium. This would also be beneficial if your blue tongue isn't recieving much natural sunlight or UVA/B arteficial light.The main concern would be exactly what is this sawdust like? is it bone chips with sharp edges that could possibly rupture the lizards internals? or is it that fine that theres no possible way of injury?

no possible way that he could get hurt as it is just like sawdust(very fine). i think that he will love it and if he seems to enjoy it, it will be a very very cheap alternative for him (because it is free)

thanks for the help cyber.

p.s i am 15 years old and have never worn a glove to pic up a snake. i lost my biting verginity last yeat to a four foot olive, it hurt but not that much that i want to wear a glove. to summarise that, i am against the glove :p

Morelia Man...join the HTG party.......the TRUE snake faithful :lol: :lol:

Cheers Hawkeye

Love the Glove, Love the Handbag

You could also sprinkle other food items with it as a calcium supplement.
M&M how can you be a glove hater! :( Not all members of LTG wear gloves,We are just honest enough to admit we have done so in the past or will do so in the future.Many new herpers are a little daunted at there 1st encounter with a snake.Our group is there to help newbies feel comfortable with their approach to snake handling without resorting to dissing, and making them feel like they are big sooks or not worthy of owning a reptile. YOU GUYS SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES lol

Hey MM,
Sounds fine to me, just make sure the fat content of the sawdust isn't too high (for both the dog and the bluey).
Have you tried the Bluey recipe (on APS homepage)? My blueys love it, and you could use your sawdust in it.

Yeah, what pinkie said....
I would reccomend using it in a mix of fruit (& veg) and mince rather than straight. Also, if you breed your own rodents, they will enjoy it as an occasional treat as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back