Feeding Eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinky

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Was going to feed my python an egg, but worried that it might break and make a mess of enclosure and snake.

Does anyone feed their pythons eggs?

And really stupid question.......would I be better off giving them a hard boiled egg?

Cheers

I doubt a captive python would ever eat an egg but if it does, but would love to know if they do.
Cheers, Dan

Last edited:
And really stupid question.......would I be better off giving them a hard boiled egg?

Cheers

Answered your own question.

Don't feet it eggs, and I doubt it would eat them anyway.

Somewhere on our timeline is a video

Spitting cobra quite happily chowing down on hard boiled eggs
Owner is vegetarian
Only feeds it eggs
Very healthy strong snake

Many snakes including pythons will eat eggs

But a Cobra is not a constrictor, a Pythons natural tendency is to constrict it's food (Captain obvious) so i can only imagine the mess it would make with eggs whether they were raw or hard boiled. :) ..............................Ron

Pythons do occasionally eat eggs, but it's probably not a good proposition to offer your pet an egg when there is no need to - why do you want to do this anyway?

Jamie

But a Cobra is not a constrictor, a Pythons natural tendency is to constrict it's food (Captain obvious) so i can only imagine the mess it would make with eggs whether they were raw or hard boiled. :) ..............................Ron

Boigas are constrictors even if they are mildly venomous and will happily chow down on birds eggs
Rat snakes rain chicken coops regularly and are also non venomous constrictors

The local carpets around my in-laws' old place in Coffs Harbour used to raid the chook house and hoover up the eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back