Feeding my spotted python correct prey size

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also another question how often? She tends to have her head out the cave on night fall for hours on end about day 5/6 after a feed. Is this her waiting for food behaviour?

Thanks
I would be feeding once a week. This is normal behavior, my anteresia do it all the time.

one primary reptile pet store that i worked on reptile division, asked me for some scientific names of VERY common python species and that was really the only thing they wanted apart from captive keeping experience >_< I left after I felt like i was scamming people by offering advice i normally wouldnt give, to make the store money.
The store that I work at asked me for literally nothing about snakes. No surprise, they know nothing about snakes in there. Makes me wonder if they care about what advice their customers get. But yes you are 100% right. They are in it for the money and as long as their pockets are full, who cares what the customers are told?
We are lucky to have the likes of Sdaji, Bluetongue1, Pythoninfinite, GBWhite & many others whose combined experience in not only keeping reptiles but actually studying them is in excess of hundreds of years.
Yes. Can't thank these members and others like herptology, adam, flaviemys purvisi, Bl69aze (and many more) enough for teaching me all I know. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
a little irrelevant but - when should i start feeding my stimsons python fuzzy mice? hes close to 7 months old now, about 28 - 30cm long
Can you still see the a bulge from pinky mouse halfway down his body? If not, it's time to move up. A 7 month old stimmie could definitely go on to fuzzies at that size.

Latest posts

Back