feeding on fuzzies when should i move up

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maddowse

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi i have two dimonds the male is 2 1/2 years and at a guess hes 3 to 3 1/2 foot.
hes on fuzzies whats the next size up and do i just give it to him and see if he eats it.

i dont want him to choke or something ???

or if it too big will he just spit it out ?

Fuzzy mice?!? Even fuzzy rats may be 2 small? my 2 foot maccies are on adult mice, and take them easily

yeah i ment fuzzy rats . its just when i go to buy more the next size of rat up seem masiv

Weaner rats are the next one. My 110cm coastal is on them, but she needs an upgrade aswell.

so is it ok to go from fuzzy rats to adult mice ??
i thort i had to stay with rats thats why im confused with the next size of rat i need

well there due for there feed on wed so ill try some weaner rats ad if he takes them easy ill upgrade a few feeds later. how many weeks old are weaner rats ?

yeah its hard here because every shop i go to has diferent virsions of what they class as fuzzies

There was a thread here the other day, it looked like it was about 4ft or so, and the snake was eating a possum.

lol ok so your saying i shouldnt worrie . he should be able to handle it easy .

thanks ill give the weaner ago .

At the size you snake is it would easily handle small rats with no probs

my hatchling spotteds are eating pinky rats at the moment i though they were huge for the little guys but the smash them down. i have a few coastals they are around the 3 to 4 foot mark and i feed them medium rats..nice and lean helthy ones..and my 9ft coastal takes rabbits and chooks no prob..so dont worry bout the chocking part lol your diamonds will love it.:lol:

Everyone always says to judge the size of a meal, just pick a rat/mouse whos width is about 1.5x the snake at its widest part.

the next size up from fuzzy rats is hopper rats which is halfway between fuzzy and weaners

try adult mice and if it takes it easy then try 2 adult mice and it will get larger then move to weaners.. mine went from weaner rats to adult rats withing a few months..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back