FEMALE RAINFOREST SCORPLING - NEW ADDITION TO MY FAM.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrienne_05

Reaction score
So, I spent a lot of time researching and learning about scorpions (like any animal i do with before buying) and I purchased myself a rainforest scorpion. She arrived yesterday in the mail, very well packaged and free from any damage. She was pretty quiet and calm when she first arrived, no issues with her what so ever. fast forward to the second day... I tried to feed her... she gave me a bit of spunk... but im okay with that. She didnt eat the cricket at that time so i removed it from her enclosure. (btw shes currently in a container with coco peat substrate and a hide) I'm wondering if shes either been fed before she came to me... or maybe she might be moulting?... She seems healthy, no strange movements.. her exosekelton is a bit dark... which makes me think of moulting... but i dont know. The second day, she has come out of shell... or so it seems... she chased my feeding tweezers this afteroon... but still didnt go for the cricket.

This is a picture of her below... 60535023_466098117468057_4053504569626329088_n.jpg

They will look super bloated/fat in the weeks leading up to a moult. If your concerned just crush a cricket and slip it under the hide and check back in an hour or so, they tend to be a bit shy so lifting the hide can be enough to disturb them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back