Feral cat pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After finding cats at these remnant rainforest springs, the most biodiverse areas in several hundred square kms, the Rangers have decided to exterminate them. Traps were purchased today and the guys will stake out the springs with infra-red goggles and .22s next week.

You dont have to "just accept it". Knocking out a couple of dozen cats in this area will make a huge difference.

I agree, every feral cat killed saves countless native animals. Lets hope the rangers make a big dent in the population.

Look on gumtree for maine coons, largest breed of cat in the world, go for 1k a kitten.

Yes they are huge and extremely efficient hunters.Who are the idiots that imported these from the USA. Will have to get a bigger trap now.

Yes they are huge and extremely efficient hunters.Who are the idiots that imported these from the USA. Will have to get a bigger trap now.

People tried to import Savannah cats as well but they were not approved for import due to concerns about them going feral.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk HD

A bounty needs to be put on feral cats to really encourage people to put in the effort to eradicate them. Feral cats are in huge numbers in the black soil country of western QLD as of late. Recently Julia Creek put a $10 bounty per cat tail.. 2 properties shot 500 cats in a weekend. That's a bloody good impact on their numbers.

Were hopefully going to receive a trap on Monday to catch the cat who has been killing all of the possums and chickens in our neighborhood.

Were hopefully going to receive a trap on Monday to catch the cat who has been killing all of the possums and chickens in our neighborhood.

Put a live rat in a cage within the trap so the rat cannot be touched. Irresistable to a cat, works everytime. No cats left around my neighbour hood just birds and reptiles. Good luck.

bloody things should be eradicated worse then any other pest still goes ignored just horrid there will be no end to them as far as us pest's go

Last edited:
It should be against the law to have a cat that isn't neutered (unless licenced breeder).

These are two of my feral cats. Got given five week old litter of four wild caught kits. Thought i would give them a chance to tame down and find a home. So far so good. Too cute for snake food, too scrawny too, and too much HAIR!
980466_10151915462306679_859747766_o.jpg

As fluffy as ragdolls and so far they like my dogs more than me unless i have wet food for them! Four less ferals in the wild at least. And yes, mum was caught and had to be destroyed.

These are two of my feral cats. Got given five week old litter of four wild caught kits. Thought i would give them a chance to tame down and find a home. So far so good. Too cute for snake food, too scrawny too, and too much HAIR!View attachment 290973
As fluffy as ragdolls and so far they like my dogs more than me unless i have wet food for them! Four less ferals in the wild at least. And yes, mum was caught and had to be destroyed.
idk about to much hair lol snake will be passing a furball

Probably no better a feed than a guineapig anyway. And i like cats better than i like guineapigs! These guys go to new homes that are assessed as suitable for housing an adult feral, we desex them and are the second contact on their microchip at owners consent. And they are only allowed to go to homes that will keep them as exclusively indoor only (or cat run) cats. Surprisingly kittens like these (born feral, tamed, etc.) grow up to form amazingly strong bonds with their families. They don't like kids so much and will not greet strangers in their home but they are the sweetest creatures to their humans. But not to thread hijack... that article is awful, those photos are unbelievable! So sad that they are everywhere now. If only there was some magic bullet that could wipe them out.

didn't know if it belonged here or in the Tatt thread :lol:
Posted-On-shock-Mansion-121.jpg

A thread about feral cats tearing up our natives and people want to show off theirs they keep as pets..on the ball guys, good job...

Why would you tattoo vermin on your leg? I hope your proud of that. Problem is it should have 3 eyes, all the cats i meet have, they dont move thou!

Probably no better a feed than a guineapig anyway. And i like cats better than i like guineapigs! These guys go to new homes that are assessed as suitable for housing an adult feral, we desex them and are the second contact on their microchip at owners consent. And they are only allowed to go to homes that will keep them as exclusively indoor only (or cat run) cats. Surprisingly kittens like these (born feral, tamed, etc.) grow up to form amazingly strong bonds with their families. They don't like kids so much and will not greet strangers in their home but they are the sweetest creatures to their humans. But not to thread hijack... that article is awful, those photos are unbelievable! So sad that they are everywhere now. If only there was some magic bullet that could wipe them out.

great post
so long as they can be contained they are no threat
but the hardest thing is showing people how predatory any cat can be
most owners simply dont care

quite interesting in international forums to have a similar discussion
Europeans including those from the British Isles seem to believe feral cats do nothing wrong
and quite possibly dont even really exist
Kiwis hate them with a passion stronger than ours
Yanks are more ambivalent but most dont rate them as a highly invasive pest

Very interesting photo on facebook recently of a big owl grabbing a cat
99% of the comments were "Poor cat"
Anyone supporting the owl was vilified immediately

Our priorities are misplaced so badly

I had a cat once. Greatest cat ever, won me a pair of sunglasses, tasco binoculars and a pocket knife for starring in Top Shots in the back of Sporting Shooter years ago. The cats now playing a good part in the eco system as fertiliser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back