Few ant eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of nice eggs there! It'll be interesting to see how that first clutch turns out! Good luck!

Lots of nice eggs there! It'll be interesting to see how that first clutch turns out! Good luck!
Yeah i put a pretty dark marble over her be interesting to see if the bold pattern is passed on
[doublepost=1599862511,1599862362][/doublepost]
What makes her interesting?? :O
Not the best pic but she has a rather bold patterning for a marble . Nothing extreme or proven just a bit different

i like the white patch on the 2nd ones head!

maybe u can do what BrianBarczyk did with pairing 2 BPs with mising scales on head and ended up with completely scaleless, except you would end up with completely white haha

i like the white patch on the 2nd ones head!

maybe u can do what BrianBarczyk did with pairing 2 BPs with mising scales on head and ended up with completely scaleless, except you would end up with completely white haha

It's not uncommon for them to have white patches on the head. Most of the ones I produce have a white patch and we do a few clutches of white head patch to white head patch every year :)

No doubt Shire Pythons will have plenty of white head patch marbleds hatching this season from these clutches :)

Do you get off spring where th patch get larger when you put them together?

Do you get off spring where th patch get larger when you put them together?

It's not like the Balls with a couple of missing scales which were a visual marker of being het for a significant trait. The white patch is not a marker for anything Mendelian, so it's not going to indicate or behave like you're thinking. You can select for larger head spots and you'll make some progress, but not anything immediately dramatic, you're just working with a typical polygenic trait, not a Mendelian one.

IMG_20201019_164020_461.jpgfirst little marbled out for the season.. sadly this one was the only survivor from rotten clutch . Tbh suprised me anything hatched this clutch went bad real quick . Wont be pairing this dam again 2yrs in a row with rotten clutches , used different male from last yr and have 2 other clutches in exact same incubation setup and they looking great ... something up with the female i reckon

Latest posts

Back