few noob questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FusionMorelia

Reaction score
just wondering a few things about lizards,
1 whats the biggest handleable lizards/monitors Australia has
2 whats the most colored lizard?
3 can ya feed incect eaters grass hoppers/locusts/moths collected around the yard?
4 whats the most dangerous lizard to keep?
also are there any rules to follow keeping pythons and lizards in the same room/house?
and can you keep all lizards in trios?

thanks guys my kid is annoying the hell outta me to get a lizard cause his uncle gave us an old 4x2x2 enclosure the 1st question is just me wondering the rest are research :)

Last edited:
1. Lacies are "handleable" but take some work before they will trust you
2. Gex are probably the most interesting as far as weird and interesting colours
3. Yes. Lots of people set up moth traps for free food. My pygmy beardie once caught a blow fly that wandered into her tank in mid air!
4. Big Monitors have very sharp claws and potentially infection inducing bites but we don't have anything that is "venomous" like Gila Monsters if that's what you're thinking
5. Quarantine rules as with any different animals you keep are probably the only real important things
6. Yes, as long as it's big enough and they are about the same size
That's all just going off what I know so if I'm wrong please fell free to call me a dumbass and correct it

Last edited:
^ hahaha, incest. I'd go for a Bluey. Lizards can be kept in trios but watch for fighting over food, basking spots etc. Also try not to overcrowd the enclosure, can cause a lot of undue stress. I'm not to sure as to what the biggest skink is a Land Mullet but correct me if I'm wrong. If this is a first reptile for him I'd definitely go for a Blue-Tongue

[3 can ya feed incest eaters grass hoppers/locusts/moths collected around the yard?

I believe this was banned in Tasmania to protect the local population

LMAO sorry bout that spelling error
was thinking of bluey tri or dragons for him but after looking at some of the specimens out there
im getting interested in maybe getting myself a big monitor later on as we have heaps of room in the back yard for a couple of pits even a fenced off area where the last owners had a spa or something a 15ft square area and seeing some pics of pits it wouldnt be hard to alter i even have power points out to it lol

for the 4x2x2 box i have can you keep a large number of geckos in it? are their any communal lizards?

Depends how old the kids are, a big male lace monitor might stop them from annoying you permanently.

You could always get some smaller monitors like Ackies but blue tongue skinks seem ideal for kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back