Fighting Fish Breeding Help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
fishchick.com will take u 2 the very best Bettas......also other Betta species, besides splendens the store is in Brissy

i have breed bettas in the past, my focus was not on the betta. splendens but on some of the 'wild type' species
id love to get back into it, some presonal favs that i have keept and breed in the past were

marachi -bubble nester
imbellis - bubble nester
smaragdina - bubbler nester
channoides -mouth brooder
brownirum - mouth brooder

i found the mouth brooding species to be the most challenging, but also the most rewarding.
if i ever do get back into fish mouth brooding bettas are at the top of my list.

you bred all those..you did fabously well bred pugaax for about 4 generations channoides for 3 gens...could never breed the little red ones like coccinea, although had about 30 of them about 5 years agooooo would only bother again with smaragdina and bella..

brownirum were the worst to get going for me, i had very limited succes with them,
the originaly shipment i had gotten was ment to be pairs, but ended up beeeing more males then females,

and the marachi i think were miss matched as well , i could of swarn that the first female marachi i had gotten was actuly a dark female plakat splendens, so i dobuted the puritiy of that stock,

i had the most succes out of the channoides and the smaragdina,

Another recommend for fishchick's if you want show quality bettas!

If you just wanna see your fish breed, then by all means just grab something cheaper from your local fish store. But as has been said, the effort involved in raising the fry is hard to justify given what you end up with, the only reason would be curiosity and interest.

Some people have had success in heavily planted tanks with mature sponge filters cutting down the need for waterchanges early on, which can be a delicate thing in the first few weeks. Another tip I've not seen mentioned yet in all the good advice is to use vinegar eels as a first food.

There are plenty of good FAQS out there too, and betta forums.

Good to see all the fish people on here! Go species bettas! :D

forgot to mention, yesterday that livefish.com has young " splarking gouramies " at a very affordable $5.00 each..i originally bought 8, then re-ordered for another 10, 18 in all, plus $15.00 freight. very happy with these little fish.....also croacking gouramies at $10.00 each

thought i would post up a quick pic of the best crown i was ever able to breed before i got out of it i was working on breeding a white line however after a while all i had was see through yellow and had bred the white out unfotunatley but he was a cracker.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back