Finding a job

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cold-B-Hearts

Im 13 nearly 14
i think i need to get a job
the price for keeping reptiles relly isnt cheap with food enclourses and adding to your collecton
with only $20 pocket money each week its hard to keep up
dose anyone know where i could possibly get a job in Brisbane QLD

my hobbys are
Reptiles
Dirt Bikes
Surfing
Fishing
chilling with friends :D
any help will be appreciated so i can increese my collection :D

How about distributing those add packages in the mail?
Or mowing the lawn for the neighbours?

I think my bro had a job at maccas when he was 13/14?

Any fast food or chain store should be able to help you out and be pretty easy to get into. Not great money, but it'll get you on your way.

If i were you find a tradie ie Plastering, Chippie, Floor layer of some description. you will get paid bugger all at you age but bye the time your 20 you would be quailifed and making thousands a week and buy what ever you want. My self I am a carpet layer and dont get out of bed for less than $500 a day.

I'm assuming you are still at school?

Try your fast food chains - Maccas, Dominos etc, Coles, Woolies.....

It may not be glamorous, but its work, and you can do it after school and on weekends.

Good luck :)

I agree with shellfisch, try the fast food places and supermarkets. They're always looking to employ and at your age its one of the only things with flexible enough hours while you're still at school.

i am only 15 myself, but some tips for you :
1. if they give you an opportunity to step-up (i.e, at a cafe, helping in the kitchen or at woolies, hstaaying back and shelf packing) TAKE IT ... it will let your boss/manager know that you are willing to accept a challenge, and if you come out on top, even better.
2. Be honest with your potential empoyer, dont go in there saying that you volunteer at the cat shelter once a week and have never had a detention and only get A's if its not true, you never know who they know who knows you ...

most cafe's need people (our age) to help set-up and pack-up tables and chair of a morning/afternoon. the pay is much better that macca's (i get more than double) and its a much nicer place to work ...

GOOD LUCK !

just had another idea, maybe work at a petshop ? you will get employee discounts on all your herp stuff, and if you know something about reptiles, TELL THEM ! maybe you could work for credits at the store ?

thanks guys
i think i just need to sort out my resime and then go around to some fast food places and cafes
only problem that the only decent pet shop around here is fairly hard to get a job at and is the only one with reptiles in the area
i already enquired with them and they do not accept anyone without perious experience with workers
i could always do volentee at the RSPCA for a while, would be good for getting a job at pet shops :D

work experience is a good one do a couple day free work at places like the petshop or something then they may offer a job

i could always do volentee at the RSPCA for a while, would be good for getting a job at pet shops :D

you'll need to wait until you're 18 to do that.
but good luck! i concur with the previous statements, fast food and supermarkets...
make sure you have your parents permission, because you'll need to get them to sign a form because you're under 15 (or at least ,my sister had to have one as she was only 14)

can volenteer at animal shelters walking teh dogs ect , at your age you cant really get a legal job (my stepson has same problem jus turned 13)

best bet is ask round small cafe;s and other little busnesses you may get some cash in hand work but be prepared to get payed stuff all think of it as a foot in the door however, volenteer at zoo's ect

otherwise as people have stated talk to realestate agents bout doing pamflt drops for them my mum sells houses n drops hundreads of em off herself when walking the dog if they dont sell a house they dont get payed.

offer to mow lawns for people in your area/family, you can get upto $20 a lawn if you mow n do the edging ect pretty well.

maby breed feeder fish guppys are easy to catch at creeks as are swordtails and mollys they breed every 2 wks grow fast.

if your handy with wood save up make an enclosure n sell it then repeate if you dont double your money your wasteing your time.

wash/clean cars $10 a go friends family ect

have a bit of a think about what you can do and ask around mowing may suck but its easy money washing cars are same again clean the rubish out from inside wash outside shammy polish done being summer will be good working with water.

gl hope you find something im not allowed to work and it drives me nuts being at home all the time coz of haveing no money

lol.
Present well. If they give you a trial, try everything regardless.
but mostly present well.
That's what I look for when I hire people or refer people to my boss.

At 13 nearly 14, you are allowed to work if you're parents agree.

Present well. If they give you a trial, try everything regardless.
but mostly present well.
That's what I look for when I hire people or refer people to my boss.

I can't agree with this enough! :D

Good on you Liamb for wanting a job. Too many kids these days , sit at home expecting everything with no idea of how much hard work goes into making a dollar.
At least when they start working they get to understand and have a bit of empathy for what their parents do for them.

could you come to my house and have a talk to my two sons.....my 18 year old has done nothing and now we feel we cant push him because he is doing his VCE...he is 18 and never worked a day in his life !!!!! My 16 year old is totally demotivated as well....we have told the 18 year old his allowance stops at the end of the year and he will be expected to pay board etc and he just looks at me......oh well it will be a cold hard reality when it all happens.......as he wont have any money...KIDS!!

could you come to my house and have a talk to my two sons.....my 18 year old has done nothing and now we feel we cant push him because he is doing his VCE...he is 18 and never worked a day in his life !!!!! My 16 year old is totally demotivated as well....we have told the 18 year old his allowance stops at the end of the year and he will be expected to pay board etc and he just looks at me......oh well it will be a cold hard reality when it all happens.......as he wont have any money...KIDS!!

You gotta teach em tough love! they'll understand one day.

yep we know
as soon as my eldest sons exams are over we ahve told him his allowance stops and he has to look full time for a job...and at 18 he is going to ahve to think creatively to find something.......
Even came to us wanting to go away in the new year with his friends and we just said....how are you thinking you will be paying for that ? It just has to stop somewhere !!

if your interested in sports then maybe give umpiring or refereeing a go?

personally i am 17 and realy enjoying AFL umpiring. when you start out the pay isnt that great. about $20 for a 40 minute game, but if you put in effort its realy easy to progress and i find myself getting $114 for a 2 hour match. plus you get lots of excercise so its a win win situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back