Fined $15000 exotic snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The person you are reffering to is a good friend of mine....I except that yes he did the wrong thing however this guy is the most decent person i know! What the papers wrote about him has made him out to be someone who was out for profit and a non carer of animals and the environment when in reality that is the opposite and couldn't be further from the truth!!! IMO papers are very one sided. He has a passion for animals that i have never seen in any other herper!!! He has a wildlife reserve/park that is not for profit!! he does talks with the public and helps any body in need. I will definitely continue to do business with, and ask for advice from him thats for sure! He is highly respected and too kind for his own good..Anybody who personally knows this man would agree 100% Why doesn't the DSE target those who truly deserve it!

he imported/bred exotics, he was in the wrong and got caught, imo he got a fraction of what he deserved

Why doesn't the DSE target those who truly deserve it!

Not having a dig at you or your friend but the DSE did target someone who deserved it - someone who illegally imported exotic animals. You can't make one set of rules for the nice people in the world and another for the not so nice. Who decides who is nice and who is not?

I don't know the guy from a bar of soap but justice is justice. You do the crime and pay the fine.

Like i posted....yes he did do the wrong thing!...but obviously none of you know him! I admire this man and it's offensive to hear people slandering someone when they don't know anything about him other than what was written in a dodgy "one sided" newspaper.

exotics are illegal, you cannot refute that. It doesn't matter how nice the guy is, he did the wrong thing

Like i posted....yes he did do the wrong thing!...but obviously none of you know him! I admire this man and it's offensive to hear people slandering someone when they don't know anything about him other than what was written in a dodgy "one sided" newspaper.

the only dodgy one is your mate who illegally imported and bred exotics. Personally I dont give a rats a-hole if he's a "nice" bloke or not .. I'll never buy from or sell to him .

No one is slandering him. He pleaded guitly to an offense and we are discussing the outcome of the hearing.

I'm sure he is a nice guy and hope he learns a valuable lesson. He can then continue being a nice guy, but this time a nice guy who does not break the law.

LOL now thats funny codered! lol as if he will need you as a customer :p I'm sure this will not effect him in any way!! As i said before anyone who knows him will agree with me and continue to do business with him ;)...Also get your facts strait matey...it said nothing about breeding exotics ;)

i dont think the snakes should have been put down,maybe put them in quarantine for a while then send them to a zoo or reptile park

LOL now thats funny codered! lol as if he will need you as a customer :p I'm sure this will not effect him in any way!! As i said before anyone who knows him will agree with me and continue to do business with him ;)...Also get your facts strait matey...it said nothing about breeding exotics ;)

I think DSE should do a check on you. Considering you consider this bloke as some kind of god send, it would also suggest you support the keeping of exotics. It isn't hard to put two and two together.

The guy should have been fined more, and suffered a jail sentence if you ask me.

mcloughlin2 Thanks to some low life i have had the dse visit me....I was named by some loser to protect his illegal goings on he faced court 2 weeks ago and all he got was a stinking 3000 fine! Now there was someone who deserved to be caught. As for the dse officer that visited with me, he was impressed by my animals health and environment they were kept in ;) but thanks for your concern LOL LOL as for supporting exotics bahaha no thanks i've never been interested in pests/exotics or broken the law in any way shape or form! This mate of mine is a roll model for me and if you saw his commitment to animals/environment you'd eat your words :p As stated he stuffed up big time! helping someone else out.

i dont think the snakes should have been put down,maybe put them in quarantine for a while then send them to a zoo or reptile park

Zoo's wouldn't waste their time with corns, it would be like having sparrows on display:)

itbites, lets be a little fair dinkum here.

it is completely duplicitous for person who supposedly cares for there animals and the environment etc, but then to be involved in trade of illegal species which could have tremendous negative impacts on Australian ecology.

It is also completely hypocritical of you to say that person A yeah he made a mistake but shouldnt be targeted, yet person B should be because he was involved in illegal activities. Illegal is illegal regardless of an individuals persona.

If a person is dealing in or believes that dealing in non-native species is the way to look after australian ecology etc, (regardless of if you are breeding them, importing, just dealing in them provides the demand) you are either dilluded, or simply misguided about the bigger picture.

I could go on and on but there is no point

So your saying itbites, that if someone is nice and a good mate, and goes and kill's someone. It is alright because they are nice and a "good bloke"? Yeah right.:(

This is a bit of subject, but still on the subject of "He's such a nice guy."
Many years ago I knew a very attractive young lady who was building a house. She met this really nice married guy who was giving her bluestone bricks for free to build her house with. Every weekend the young lady would go to the man's house to pick up a trailer load of bricks. This went on for a couple of years until one week the young girl told the nice man that she no longer needed any more bricks as she had sufficient quantities to build her house with. The nice man quietly bid the young girl farewell saying he really enjoyed her company then proceeded into his house, picked up a hammer and bludgeoned his wife to death. The young lady was distraught and said "He was such a nice man and wouldn't harm a fly."

Most serial killers are known to be nice people by their associates, and men by nature are usually a lot nicer people to attractive young ladies.

I am saying that the good that he does most definitely out weighs this mistake!

LOL OMFG so your now comparing him to serial killer :shock: ...no clue!! Anyways I think he's a top bloke and, it doesn't really bother me what people who don't even know him have to say about him as a person.

would you still be saying that if the exotics had turned up positive for opmv or ibd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back