firearms ownership

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Self defence is not a reason to have a gun either. If guns were outlawed altogether then no one would have them. ( a little naive I know) I know you can say criminals will just use some other weapon such as a knife or whatever, but it is easier to defend against a knife than a gun. Ever tried to outrun a bullet?

The problem is that 'people would still have them. Thinking that outlawing guns will result in no guns in the hands of criminals is similar to saying that because exotic reptiles are banned from private ownership people do not have them. Same goes for illegal drugs. I seriously doubt criminals would buy weapons from legal sources anyway. I do get your point though, unfortunately people with not so-good intentions will always have access to 'guns'.

(Just my opinion) :)

-Will

there is no gun problem there is a people problem

People say they're not evil things... They were built for killing. :?
so were snakes......sooo......yeh, you still are a "snakeluvver" ........but guns are made for killing, and its a :s ?????

anyways back on topic
i think, that used correctly, guns are fine, and gun related murders in australia are amost none, knives are probably the deadliest thing on the planet, they are concealable, fast, effective and silent.....hence why they have been used in warfare for so long.....
i plan on getting a gun license in the future, i love hunting, and at my age, and having no gun supportive family, i wil hunt with bows :p

another point i will put out there, since gun laws where tightened in 1996, firearm suicides have dropped dramaticly.....
same with murders, the gun laws we have now are fine, its just, even with a gun license, someone could still go and kill someone.....

also whats to say someone who keeps vens couldnt slip an inland taipan into someones bed?......just another thing to add

Last edited:
Hmmmm...not that I was going to put this out there earlier, but I did recently stop a robbery in my own home using a deactivated shotgun (which is as inert as a baseball bat, but you don't actually have to club anyone with it, they just look at it and pay attention). They hit 6 houses before they got to us. Food for thought I guess.

It's like everything, there are always going to be for and against. I choose to be for, but I don't push my views on other people, Im not a Mormon. I appreciate not getting told I'm a bad person for being a responsible and generally law abiding citizen. And trust me, the amount of stuff-around you have to go through to get a license these days, compared to 20 years ago in qld when you didn't need one, means people who want one for the wrong reasons are just going to buy a black market one from the yobbo down the street. Most streets have one, they just don't know it. You'd be surprised.

On another note, I am trying to buy an old pump .22 in good nick if anyone has one they'd like to part with, I keep getting in too late to the ones online.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back