First adult python acquired - Bredli

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the advice, was just thinking out loud again I guess. I thought that was an ok cross, I had personally seen it, but hadn't read into, and don't plan on any type of breeding for some years, until I have a much better understanding..

I've still left the Bredli alone to help settle in. No changes ti the enclosure yet. Need to move in a few days so just waiting to get that over with.

Thanks for the advice, was just thinking out loud again I guess. I thought that was an ok cross, I had personally seen it, but hadn't read into, and don't plan on any type of breeding for some years, until I have a much better understanding..

I've still left the Bredli alone to help settle in. No changes ti the enclosure yet. Need to move in a few days so just waiting to get that over with.

Sounds like your doing alright with him =] if hes still a bit touchy try half covering his enclosure with a towel that way he can get out of view maybe? Will save any immediate changes to his enclosure. And good luck with moving, its never easy.

Thanks, I'm going to see if he'd like coming out today, gotta clean his floor anyway.

Actually, just these last 5 days or so, my coastal has been acting very defensive, I fed her few days ago, she ignored the rat and lunged at me right out the door, she hasn't done this before. Also now, if I'm in the room shes sitting in this posture just outside her hide. She did shed early in the week, any suggestions would be great ? As recommended, I've beeb feeding her hopper rats, I'm thinking she may need the next size up ?

- - - Updated - - -

20131005_121303_zps41bcf9a4.jpg

Recently moved her to this enclosure, much nrtter than the old one.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been putting a towel over the front so she can't see me, and prob 2 weeks + since I last handled her.

Wow she looks tiny in there, I would go up a size or 2 when I had carpets at 2 years old they were on small rats so shes possibly hungy if she shed and now constantly striking.

Nice set up by the way

Recently moved her to this enclosure, much nicer than the old one.

How recent is recently? She could be stressed from the move and need time to settle in. Maybe the next size rat would hurt either.

The coastal is still being really defensive, until the other day, she would usually either not be fussed by me, or would retreat to her hide. Was literally after pulling out her shed last Wednesday, she's been like this.
I offered her a larger wiener rat today, again she was more interested in my arm. I left the rat in her enclosure, but she hasn't taken it so far. I've just tried moving her enclosure into my wardrobe, and towel over it again.
Might sound funny, but the newish water bowl i put in there, I have a feeling she doesn't like it ?

Any suggestions ?

Thanks Josh.

The coastal is still being really defensive, until the other day, she would usually either not be fussed by me, or would retreat to her hide. Was literally after pulling out her shed last Wednesday, she's been like this.
I offered her a larger wiener rat today, again she was more interested in my arm. I left the rat in her enclosure, but she hasn't taken it so far. I've just tried moving her enclosure into my wardrobe, and towel over it again.
Might sound funny, but the newish water bowl i put in there, I have a feeling she doesn't like it ?

Any suggestions ?

Thanks Josh.

They can get defensive for a while in a new home. And the water bowel doesn't sound stupid to me, my old bredli hated iPhones and men, she may not like the smell of it if its plastic, some of the chemicals they use don't smell pleasant

You should find a nice female bredli or a male coastal if you plan on breeding. Cross breeding just because you have a male and female isnt a good idea, especially if the cross is just to see what happens. Jags have the issue of the x bred siblings not selling and being uthed as no one wants them.
U just been reading to many threads

Pm if you care to explain why, I dont want to hijack this thread
"Jags have the issue of the x bred siblings not selling and being uthed as no one wants them".................. This is from a thread you have recently been reading and is not confirmed as truth..... If u own and breed jags then fair enough :) :)

"Jags have the issue of the x bred siblings not selling and being uthed as no one wants them".................. This is from a thread you have recently been reading and is not confirmed as truth..... If u own and breed jags then fair enough :) :)
Probably best to forget yours and Kitten_pheonix's statements otherwise this thread will turn into to the old Jag debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back