Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As Beeman said, this is a just a glimpse of the direction Australia is heading - and the reason I am seriously considering selling off most of my stock and getting out the hobby. It's a shame as I have only been keeping for about 5 years now, but even in that time I can see how everything has gone downhill very quickly - once again it's back to 'money rules all'.

Vixen the morph side might head that way but "your" hobby doesn't. Keep and breed what you want and are interested in. Who cares what others are doing.
What happened to having fun? lol

(and I say that with full respect to you and your breeding projects)

As Beeman said, this is a just a glimpse of the direction Australia is heading - and the reason I am seriously considering selling off most of my stock and getting out the hobby. It's a shame as I have only been keeping for about 5 years now, but even in that time I can see how everything has gone downhill very quickly - once again it's back to 'money rules all'.

Just don't keep morelia then.
There are plenty of other pure genus out there.......
It would be a real shame to want to leave the hobby when there are other options then just morphs

Nothing a little blunt force trauma wouldn't fix.

Only humane option really

Vixen, I don't like it but I'm not going to let it effect what I do within the hobby. The hobby is what you make of it for yourself. You can choose to have absolutely nothing to do with Jags and morphs, and even if you did leave the hobby, your opinions on it won't disappear

Last edited:
That's true, I would never touch the things myself but it does still affect me, as people argue and accuse me of breeding them (wait - I thought people liked Jags now anyway? But no I dont, I have reduced pattern Proserpine coastals - much better looking and without the neuro! :D). Some seem to condemn this, but will then turn about and pat someone else on the back who DOES breed Jags, just because they might be a bigger name?? :rolleyes:

I might sell off a number of my animals, but I will always be keeping my coastals and most likely a few other pairs that i've had around for a long time. :)

One possible good point is if the Pied gene is recessive he'll be able to breed the jag gene out by putting it over a non-jag animal then breeding the sibs to each other (will be all non-jags), and also putting the pied parent back over sibs and only ever keeping the sibs from this and discard the jag ones. The neuro issue should disappear with the jag gene.

Thats just messed up on so many levels. Just no comment or regards to the animals wellbeing.
But because its different and will make them alot of money it must be okay.:evil:

jag to jag breedings normally result in 100% mortality rate it wont be alive long enough for them to make money on it

Its not a pied gene , its a Leucistic gene from Jag to jag breeding in Co Dom inheritance .
And more than likely its a parodox albino leucistic morph possibly created by Chimera genetics.
If a embrio destined to be leucistic and a embrio destined to be albino fuse together to become one animal but carrying 2 genetic mutations ? instead of being twins together inside the same egg.
Then a combinationation of 2 seperate forms are merged into a single chimera form .

Heres a example of a paradox albino ball python.
http://www.edmontonreptiles.com/foru...ead.php?t=1347

Or heres a quote from Nick Mutton from another forum .
I talked to Henry today and have seen a good picture of it. I think I have it figured out but it gives me a headache to think about. I doubt it a chimeric paradox. I think its some sort of mosaic paradox. Its likely that the animal is a super jag, but that some areas of the body are missing some genetic information. the animal is a het albino but portions appear albino because the normal copy of that allele is missing in those areas. It also has dark eyes

End Quote

One possible good point is if the Pied gene is recessive he'll be able to breed the jag gene out by putting it over a non-jag animal then breeding the sibs to each other (will be all non-jags), and also putting the pied parent back over sibs and only ever keeping the sibs from this and discard the jag ones. The neuro issue should disappear with the jag gene.
very true but like you always see on this forum everyone hates them but if they breed one they'd love them gotta love the haters lol

The first 3 Pied albino carpets were hatched last year in Australia with no jag gene present.

i stand corrected hope they are avilable soon

Last edited:
poor lil fellas i feel sorry for em. its just cruel they cant have any quality of life living like that.

At least one of those looked very sick to young to tell if they where piebalds I know of someone trying to selectivly breed piebald darwins as for a lucistic thats a few years off I believe

If it was any animal except a snake everyone would be screaming blue murder

But its a snake
Who cares if genetic defects are deliberately bred into snakes??
They are only low class reptiles

Not like breeding genetic defects into cats or dogs
They are fluffy pets
Couldnt permit that???

Its becoming a sad sad hobby when money rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back