Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it very amusing reading some of the bullshit JAG breeders peddle to justify themselves, maybe if I keep telling myself and everyone within earshot that I'm 6ft, 90kg's of pure stud muffin, others will find me irresistable too.

On the *****ide, other than a twisty twirly snake I think some of those that are vehemently opposed to JAGS are seeing things in the video that didn't happen, like chucking hatchies around.

^^^ flip side

So who are 'the jag breeders'....?

Cool looking snake , pity its "stuffed" he should knock it on the head and start again and stop posting vids until one looks ok.

For all the people freaked out about him trying to hatch something that most likely will have nuro probs should think about what happened to the cow or chicken you ate tonight and get over it. If everyone is so fond of animals living a good life then you people wouldn't be eating them!

I hope he hatches one that has no Nuro probs and I don't even eat meat.

Get over it people!

Sorry, I'll rephrase. Anyone who condones the breeding of Jags

The breeding of Jags or a different type of morph is far different to continuosly breeding twisty twirly type snakes, nobody wants a twisty twirly type of snake & they are no good to anybody.
But if one day it can be achieved without the twisty twirly, then who would crucify for trying. If only the against people could see some good results instead of looking at stupid videos of the worst, then maybe you could see the potential of a new morph become available in the pet trade. It takes breeders a long long time to pefect or prove a breed.

If you don't like them then don't buy one, SIMPLE.

Cheers
Ian

I don't think people are concerned about their right to buy or not, but rather the rights of the animals. So not quite so SIMPLE

The other thing that I would ask, is that the community against Jags are that fogged by the idea that they where illegally imported. Is there any evidence of this??????????? if so why has it not come out????????

Think about it, if these American Jags are progeny of Australian stock, which they obviously are, then there must be even the slightest possibility that Australian breeders have copied what the americans did to breed these snakes here in Australia.

So many people have been up in arms about this subject as soon as it came to light, & I personally believe it is because of the bad publicity from a couple of videos or recordings that make this breed look worse than they are.
Those that have the breed & can recognise the problems are the best ones to comment & hence keep the BS away & tell it how it really is. There is very little to none with huge neuro problems bred from the stock here in Australia.

Thats how I see it anyway.

Cheers
Ian

The other thing that I would ask, is that the community against Jags are that fogged by the idea that they where illegally imported. Is there any evidence of this??????????? if so why has it not come out????????

Think about it, if these American Jags are progeny of Australian stock, which they obviously are, then there must be even the slightest possibility that Australian breeders have copied what the americans did to breed these snakes here in Australia.

So many people have been up in arms about this subject as soon as it came to light, & I personally believe it is because of the bad publicity from a couple of videos or recordings that make this breed look worse than they are.
Those that have the breed & can recognise the problems are the best ones to comment & hence keep the BS away & tell it how it really is. There is very little to none with huge neuro problems bred from the stock here in Australia.

Cheers
Ian

So you would say that it seems realistic, that another person randomly bred a completely different morph to a JAG, yet it exhibits the exact same genetic trait (co-dom), the exact same genetic defect (neurologiacal disorder) and the exact same genetic markings(physical appearance). They were smuggled, not randomly reproduced and I highly doubt the persons involved are going to put their hands up and say "hey, look what I just smuggled in". So no one will ever have any 'evidence' of this to prove it. However, the facts are, they were smuggled in, quite a few years ago now. I am not a JAG hater or lover for that matter, I see them as what they are, a nice looking animal that can have nuero issues, some worse than others. I also don't think it is bad publicity, I think it is only fair that people know what hazzards they can potentially have. it was only the JAG breeders that got all up in arms about their neuro issues coming to light as it killed the animals dollar value.
Thats how I see it.

So hugsta,
You know this for sure, & have kept & bred them, so you know all the defects & ratios etc?????
Thats how I see it.

So hugsta,
You know this for sure, & have kept & bred them, so you know all the defects & ratios etc?????
Thats how I see it.

You don't need to have kept and bred them to know the facts about them. I do know more people than just myself in this hobby, and funny enough, some of those own JAGs and have done for a while.

Jags being smuggled isn't anything new nor surprising... most of the greens here are smuggled.... so is the panda sitting on my lap

You don't need to have kept and bred them to know the facts about them. I do know more people than just myself in this hobby, and funny enough, some of those own JAGs and have done for a while.

So your right up with it then?
Cheers

Jags being smuggled isn't anything new nor surprising... most of the greens here are smuggled.... so is the panda sitting on my lap

What sex is your Panda? I have a pied one here.

And here we are worried if an aussie snake is smuggled back in.
Don't start me there D3, I can go a long way, Northern coastline, remote airports, where do you want to start?????

Cheers
Ian

Pretty simple to do the research, it was played down in america when the jags first came about in regards to the problems they have. Now it is accepted all jags will at some stage shows signs of it, the severity differs but it is a part of the gene. Give it 5 years and people will openly acknowledge it here. They are to new in australia for people to realise it thats all. Of course it was not a morph bred in australia. To try and say otherwise is pretty comical.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Cheers
Ian

Mate you are wrong massively wrong...... trust me...... no offence intended..... just because you don't know who brought them in then it doesn't mean others don't & they are not going to give evidence to prove you wrong.... just accept it.... & I seriously mean no offence by my post.

And here we are worried if an aussie snake is smuggled back in.
Don't start me there D3, I can go a long way, Northern coastline, remote airports, where do you want to start?????

Cheers
Ian

Start with this guy... I say we report him... he has jag smuggler written all over... ;)

smug.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back